Thursday, September 3, 2009

Animal Update!

Freckles and Speckles (the twin fawns) visit our property quite regularly and it's fun to watch them prance around and play together! They are NOT always with mom now - they must be getting braver to venture out by themselves! If we're around, we'll give mom some feed and she'll walk almost right up to us - she's pretty skinny so although I KNOW you're not supposed to feed them, I would feel downright bad if we didn't!

And remember the quads??? They came to visit the other day too - only they're no longer quads, they're triplets - somewhere along the way, one of them must have perished! They are smaller than the twins but still growing at a fast rate and hopefully by winter, they'll be able to fend for themselves!

Ben and Jerry (the chipmunks) seem to have vanished from the face of the earth! Maybe they're so busy hiding food for the winter that they don't have time to sunbathe themselves on the rocks like they used to - or maybe it has something to do with the cat that I've seen on our property lately - Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

It's like having super low maintenance pets!!!

The names make me giggle every time I read your blog. My new faves are Ben & Jerry!

Teri said...

I was just thinking of your "pets" the other day and wondering how they were doing. What fun to watch them grow!

Patty Jensen said...

I was wondering about the quads - that is sad that one is gone :( - glad you have seen all the others and get to enjoy your "wildlife"!!!