Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter - Part 2

Did I forget to mention in my previous blog about the DIVINE homemade cinnamon rolls that Jessi had ready for us when we got up on Saturday morning? Or the fact that us 4 girls actually got over an hour by OURSELVES at Caribou Coffee to catch up with each other with NO KIDS! And the guitar lesson that I gave Rayna and her friend Kealy on Saturday night where they both learned to play 2 chords? I surely wouldn't have forgotten to say that Glenn DID get to go fishing with Robby and Brad but that they left at 8:30pm and didn't arrive home till 1:00 in the morning?

Easter morning arrived bright and sunny! Jessi and I had a lot of morning chores to get done to feed the 9 adults and 8 kids for lunch! A funny story about Jill's portion of the meal - she was to bring the crunchy coleslaw - she emails me earlier in the week ( as I had emailed her and told her to bring a DOUBLE batch because there were so many of us) and asks me if I'm SURE she needs to bring a double batch as that sounded like a lot of coleslaw - I emailed her back we did INDEED need that much for so many people. So she emails Jessi and asks her the same thing and Jessi replies just as I do - bring enough for a double batch. SO when she arrives, I ask her why she brought enough for a quadruple batch of coleslaw!!!! Seems like we had a recipe discrepancy!! Jessi's and I's recipes in our personal cookbooks have a single batch recipe, using one bag of coleslaw - the recipe in the "Gran" cookbook is printed already as a DOUBLE recipe so of course that's why she was thinking it was WAY too much - of course it was............

After a ton of pictures before and after church, we all sat down and ate - I was going to say we sat down and had a leisurely meal but actually that wasn't the case - with 8 kids, it was a little hectic! By the time I sat down with my plate, the kids were DONE and the adults were over 1/2 way done - but no matter - I did say it was FINALLY time to say the prayer so Jessi asked Evan if he would say it and he promptly says, "Nope - I have to go poop!!" So much for that!









We all met later on in the afternoon for Easter baskets and another egg hunt in the back yard!

The baskets were fun for the kids and Mackenzie didn't mind a bit as we piled a hat, sunglasses and bunny ears on her! Little Aleah didn't know what to think of all the commotion! But she sure enjoyed it all!



Another wonderful Easter has come and gone - and it's time to look forward to summer fun!

4 comments:

ahh bear said...

Looks like fun! I'm going to have to ask Jessi for the cinnamon roll recipe!

Teri said...

OK - who were the 8 kids? Friends over? I thought I had lost count of some of your grandchildren?!?

Becky Raymond said...

Teri - Rayna had a friend over and Jessi's friend, Courtney, has 2 little girls, the same ages as her kids!!

DrKeppy said...

Gosh it was a great weekend! I love reading your blogs to get another perspective - so fun!