Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Gardening!

How do you like my fireplace? Do you think it's a new decorating style that I could promote?


As I told Amanda in her gardening blog, I AM NOT A GARDENER, NOR DO I EVEN ENJOY IT!! But Glenn, now he's still a farmer at heart and loves to grow things! Unfortunately at our elevation, it's pretty tough! But flowers do well, as long as you wait till AFTER Memorial Day to put them out - that's right, AFTER!

SO Glenn decided to start the pansies and marigolds inside this year and then transplant them outside, along with some cherry tomatos! The hardest part was trying to decide WHERE to hang up the grow light and that turned out to be quite a problem! The lower level is just too cool unless we have a fire going in the woodstove - the loft would have been perfect but where to hang a grow light? SO the main level it was! I was actually in scrapbooking when Glenn hooked everything up (without my permission of course but no matter) and the neighbor stopped by - him and Glenn came back to the room where I was scrapbooking and the neighbor commented on Glenn's new "garden area". I had no idea what he was talking about so ran out into the living room and there it was - hmmmmmmmm - not exactly MY style but knowing it wouldn't be there forever, I allowed him to keep it there!

Glenn refers to his plants as the "Jungle" and waters, mists, and fertilizes it with care!
I just smile, secretly knowing that I'm glad it's HIM and not ME that takes care of the jungle - I'll enjoy the flowers when they bloom!

3 comments:

Teri said...

You are such a good wife to let him take over your fireplace - guess no more fires this year?

ahh bear said...

I love your garden!!!

I probably wouldn't plant if it was really difficult too!

DrKeppy said...

Oh it's totally YOU (just kidding...!) Your flowers do look beautiful every year - and how nice to just enjoy them and not have to take care of them!!