Monday, April 26, 2010

Babysitting!!

Jessi had a continuing education class this last weekend so had asked me a long time ago if I would babysit! And as you can see from my previous post, we had a pretty big storm hit on Thursday night and Friday!

I made it into Woodland Park just fine but the town was virtually shut down! HMMMM - if I hadn't had to head for Denver, it would have made a GREAT snow day! But I was there and my boss (who didn't come in as I called him and told him NOT to!) said I could leave early and that's exactly what I did!

Because the radio announcer said to stay off the interstate as the accidents were so bad, I opted to take the back road up to Denver and that was a VERY wise decision!! There were a couple of snowy places but other than that, I made it just fine!!

I had an activity bag all packed for the weekend and as soon as Jessi left on Sat. morning, Evan drew out his first little note with what we were going to do! It was a fun day filled with crafts, games, playtime, and lots of laughs!


Evan loved using the glue stick - I think he would have glued all day if I would have let him! He was so proud of the crafts he did and we hung on the frig for mom and dad!

Kenzie, on the other hand, wanted to be right in the action also so I sat her up to the table and gave her colors and paper! If she ever got frustrated, I just gave her grapes, her favorite food!


Of course the BEST thing about having Nana stay is to wake her up in the morning!! I slept in the basement and because Evan and Kenzie are BOTH early risers, Jessi held them off till 6:45 the first morning and 6:20 for the second morning!! I appreciated getting to sleep in just a little bit!! But the hugs and tickles were well worth waking up for!!
Sunday it was nice enough that we could play outside and take a walk to the park! Our craft for the day was glueing macaroni of different colors and shapes to a paper plate - I forgot how much MORE fun the macaroni is to eat than to put on a plate!!
All in all, a great weekend - but I was ONE tired person when I arrived home..............

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

Oh - that looks like fun!!!

DrKeppy said...

You are the BEST Nana ever! :) The kiddos had so much fun with you! Thank you thank you thank you!

Teri said...

What a great weekend! Bet you loved it all - and to have stuff planned - you are amazing!