Sunday, April 18, 2010

I Can See Again!

Yes, I DID get my eyes checked on Saturday! I actually made an appointment at 9:30am because I figured if I didn't, I would talk myself out of driving to the Springs to get new glasses!

So I headed out early Saturday morning and fought fog all the way down - yuck - my poor eyes were probably strained from just trying to see the highway! It was NOT a fun drive! So I go into the eye doctor and he asks me if I had my glasses with me (I don't wear them unless I need to read something) and I hand them to him, telling him they're progressive lenses! He looks at them and says, "Sorry, but these are NOT progressive lenses, these are reading glasses at a 1.75 level". I wanted to tell him he was wrong, but of course that wouldn't have set too well since he was the doctor and I was the patient. Needless to say, things were starting to make sense now!

Let me back up - after Thanksgiving, we did our usual shopping day and because we were leaving for Disneyworld with Jaime's, I put all of our packages AND my purse (since I never take a purse on vacation - which also had my "good" glasses because I never take my good glasses on vacation either!!) into the downstairs closet! When we returned from vacation and I went to work that next week, I noticed the frames were really bent on my glasses - I figured they must have gotten squashed in that closet! I also noticed when I looked out the top of the frame (which is just clear glass) that I couldn't see across the street very well - it was blurry! I decided at that point it was REALLY time to get my eyes checked!

After trying to adjust my frames and not getting anywhere, I actually went to a place in W. Pk and had the gal adjust them - they fit better but I sure couldn't see out of the tops any better!

So fast forward to my eye appt - now it made sense - I couldn't see out of the tops of the glasses because these were NOT my progressive lenses - probably not even my glasses! I had just been wearing reading glasses for the past 4 months! WHERE ARE MY GLASSES???? Who knows - all I can think of is that somehow they got exchanged with somebody elses glasses at some point in time!! Yes, the frames LOOKED like mine but how often do you actually look at your frames?? My glasses stay at work the majority of the time and I use reading glasses around the house!

Not the first time I've had strange things like this happen to me!!

Anyway, I had my eyes checked and yes, I needed a stronger lense but did decide to go with progressive lenses again since I do sit at the computer all day long! But now I have to get used to them again, since apparently I HAVEN'T been wearing progressive lenses the last 4 months!!

I ended up getting 2 pair - one for work - one for the house! They were having a fantastic sale on Tommy Hillfilger frames so I just couldn't pass it up! And surely, I can't lose track of 2 pairs of glasses - can I?????

1 comment:

Teri said...

Must be that time of year - I just got my eyes checked too and believe it or not - my eyes have improved! Just a little. Doc said if they keep improving by the time I reach 200 I won't need glasses :) So now I just have to decide, do I spend my insurance money on contacts or glasses? HMMM.