Friday, September 17, 2010

Back Home............

but not a successful hunt! Glenn arrived home yesterday and although him and Bob had a great time, there was no meat to put in the freezer!

And I'm sure that means he'll try to snag another tag somewhere and go hunting again.... sigh....

As we were talking last night, I asked him if he had taken a pillow out of the camper to sleep on as his was STILL on the bed when he left!! He said no, he forgot his pillow!! I chuckled softly to myself as I always feel bad when we go camping and I forget something! Then he tells me that he ALSO forgot the can of condensed milk (the thick, syrupy stuff) that he uses to make a cherry dessert in his dutch oven - he tried using real milk but it didn't work at all!!

We have a long standing tradition when Glenn goes hunting - he leaves me little notes all over the house that say, "I miss you", "I love you", or "Be back soon" and it's always a test to see where he puts them! I in turn, write him cards for every day he is gone as to what I THINK I'll be doing that day and just cute little things to make him smile!

When he returned home yesterday, he asked me if I had found all the notes and I said yes, I was sure I had - I had them lined up on the table and he said I was missing one!! His first response was, "You DID look in your camera case, didn't you?" He knew I was heading to Denver last weekend and I ALWAYS take pictures of the grandkids!!! Lo and behold, I DID NOT open my camera over the weekend, Jessi used hers and emailed me photos for my blog!! So I went and got my camera and sure enough, the last note was there..............

I haven't checked the laundry room but I have a feeling there's a HUGE pile of clothes from his hunting expedition, just waiting................

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

That is SO sweet! Sometimes when Sam is gone I write him notes too (sometimes I'm too busy with the kids now though).

DrKeppy said...

How cute is that tradition?! Not sure that I knew that one! Too bad he didn't get one this year... oh well - maybe Brad will get enough for all of us!

Teri said...

Too bad he didn't get anything. But I am sure he enjoyed himself. Amanda wrote letters to Pierce when they were gone and we got them in the "mail" each day! I sometimes write one note to Jay when we are apart but I have never been that energetic to do more!