Sunday, September 19, 2010

September......

It FELT so good to stay home this last weekend!! Although I love the summer when we are gone virtually every weekend, I get to the point that I actually miss staying home! It was fantastic to go home Friday night and KNOW that we were spending the weekend at HOME...... well, most of it anyway!

Saturday morning was our subdivision garage sale - Glenn rarely gets to go to any as I usually go with Jessi up in Denver, so we promptly got in the car and headed out at 8:00 am to see if there were any bargains to be had!! I have found that unless garage sale participants have kids in the house, they really don't have much to look at!! We stopped at several where you could tell, it was just ADULT stuff and didn't find anything, although it was fun to visit with the neighbors. But soon we found one that had KIDS stuff and now in my possession are 6 monster trucks - excellent shape - along with a pickup and an attachable trailer behind to haul them!! Kylan and Evan will love them - and they're in such good shape that 4 of them will be given to them at Christmas!

I also found a neat floor lamp with an African type theme that I bought for $3.00 and it's now sitting up in my bedroom and looks great!

After the garage sale, it was time to go cut wood - not my idea of fun (or probably Glenn's either) but it's something that has to be done before winter hits! Luckily, (or unluckily) it was a gorgeous day - downright hot when you're cutting and hauling wood! I was exhausted by the time we got back home as I'm not used to that "physical" labor like Glenn is!! And sporting sunburned arms and a nasty cute on my forearm from a branch!

When we got back from cutting wood, I noticed this small buck was sleeping in the shade right beside the house - I tried several times to get a picture of him but he would spook each time - I FINALLY got a shot though (disregard the ladder) and am now wondering if it's Freckles or Speckles - gosh, those little fawns sure do grow up!!


Sunday when we came out of church, Glenn noticed something - a bear paw print on 2 of the windows and one of the doors!! The car is kept in the garage so of course we didn't notice them when we left for church but the sun was hitting it just right when we came out and sure enough, the paw prints were easy to recognize! Guess the bear was peeking inside to see if I forgot any groceries!!!

On the way home, we pulled over on Edlowe Rd where we used to live and I snapped this picture of the mountain and the turning trees - this last weekend and next weekend are peak for the aspens - and I'm patiently anticipating my FAVORITE weekend of the year - the last weekend in September!!

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

I love weekends at home too. I love when fall starts to arrive and it feels good to nestle in your house and even just clean!!!

Teri said...

Love the pics! And yes - I was home last weekend too and it was wonderful!! I spend 12 hours in bed Friday night as I was so exhausted from the last two weeks. I didn't get to do anything fun like cutting wood but I did get started on putting the house back together after being gone so much:)

DrKeppy said...

Oh I remember the good ol' days of cutting wood! Glad you enjoyed a weekend at home :) ANd got a picture the deer!