Thursday, September 9, 2010

September Happenings..........

Evan and Kylan are starting pre-school today!! It's just hard for me to imagine that they're already at that age............ I wish I could be an observer of this first day of school........... And I can't wait to hear about it from BOTH boys!!


Jaime had her tonsils out yesterday - she came through the surgery just fine and is recuperating at home for a couple of weeks - and I'll be taking up some homemade chicken noodle soup for her to have when she's up to eating!! Because of all the strep throats she has ALREADY had this year, the doctor advised her to get those tonsils out and now seemed just as good a time as any!

Glenn leaves EARLY tomorrow morning for his annual hunting trip - I'll be a hunting widow for a week but as you've probably already guessed, I basically have the time already filled up!! I'll head for Denver after work on Friday to spend the weekend and Monday night is choir girls night out and Tuesday a friend and I are doing dinner after work - Maybe I'll stay home and catch up on the laundry Wed. night............

One of our major accomplishments DID get done a couple of weeks ago - the water pipes were dug out and re-buried LOWER and we're hoping they won't freeze this winter when we go on vacation! One more thing, crossed off that never-ending list!!

Next on the list is cutting wood for our wood stove - and finishing up the stove pipe change! Our wood stove is in the lower level and because of the angle of the pipe going outside, the stove didn't draw well and everytime you opened it to put wood in, smoke would pour out!! And I just can't handle smoke as it makes me cough! So the only other alternative is to put the stove pipe up through the main level (behind the hutch) and have it go out through the roof! It has turned out to be ONE major project and one more piece needs to be ordered before the job can be finished!! None too soon either as it's getting pretty chilly at night and soon we'll need the warmth of that stove!! A couple days ago it was 28 degrees when we got up!

Even though fall doesn't OFFICIALLY begin until Sept. 23rd, my fall decorations are out!! It must be time to start drinking apple cider and THINKING about eating pumpkin pie - yum!!

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Just thinking about apple cider and pumpkin pie makes me feel all warm inside! Evan is excited to tell you all about preschool!! That's how I got him to pose for so many pictures - "Nana wants to see how you looked on your first day of school since she isn't here!!"

Teri said...

Enjoy your week alone. Sounds like you are getting ready for fall - guess I will start thinking about that when I get home too!

ahh bear said...

I just caught up! Your camping trip looked awesome - such beauty! Fall is my favorite season and your post has me ready for it now ... remember all the pumpkin recipes I made last year?! I'm ready again!!!