Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Concert Bucket List

DO you have a bucket list for concerts???? I do - and I have to admit that the older I get, the less excited I become about concerts! Maybe it's my age, maybe it's the driving to the place and trying to figure out where to park (and pay THAT price on top of the ticket) or maybe it's the late night driving home - whatever it is, I haven't been to a concert in years!

Most of the artists I have wanted to see over the years have gotten crossed off my list - Brooks and Dunn, Toby Keith, Aaron Tippin, Herman's Hermits, The Turtles, The Dave Clark Five, Collin Raye, Jim Brickman, Rascal Flatts, Diamond Rio, and the list goes on and on................

But one name has remained on my list for years and years and years - Gordon Lightfoot - and I'm sure many of you don't even know who he is! Remember "If You Could Read My Mind", "Sundown", and "The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald"??? If anybody would ask me what kind of music he sings, the only answer I could give is "folk music" - and I'm sure that's not a very good description at all!! He was quite popular in the 70's and 80's and I used to listen to his music for hours on end!! An awesome composer - a unique singer.

Anyway, I'm watching the news this morning and up pops an advertisement for an upcoming concert at the Pikes Peak Center in Colorado Springs for guess who??? Yep - GORDON LIGHTFOOT!!! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!! I will FINALLY, FINALLY get to see this guy in concert!!

Tickets go on sale this Friday morning - I have no idea how much they'll cost, nor do I care!! I AM ORDERING A TICKET!!! I've emailed a friend to see if she is interested in going, and if not, I'll probably go by myself - or I may get a ticket for Glenn, even though he is not much interested in that type of music!

So I'll not only get to see this great guy in concert, but I'll also be crossing off the LAST name on the concert list! But who knows, I may add another one someday.............

4 comments:

char said...

I'm so happy for you! Gordon won't be around forever. He'll be 72 in November and still out doing concerts for about 75 nights a year.
I am hope to make it to the Denver and Colorado Springs shows - depends on airfare amounts tho.
www.corfid.com has a discussionboard-all Lightofot related and www.lightfoot.ca has tons of info.
Enjoy the concert..I'll see Gord in Buffalo on October 1. Can't wait!
Char
moderator @ www.corfid.com (Lightfoot site)
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

ahh bear said...

I LOVE "If you could read my mind"!!!! Can't wait to hear how the concert is!

DrKeppy said...

I can't think of how any of his songs go... even though I know we JUST listened to pieces of some when we were downloading them! How exciting! :)

Teri said...

Isn't it fun to find out some of these people are still around? We usually get some oldies but goodies at our picnic pops concerts which are fun to attend. But I agree, concerts are not high on my list of things to attend anymore.