Monday, September 27, 2010

Lake City - Castle Lakes Campground

We discovered this place about 3 years ago and now it's our place to stay every year when we come to Lake City!! By the way, sometimes when you hear a town name that has "city" in it, you think of a large city!! Not in this case - this is a tiny little town with probably a population of about 400 people!

We stayed in a different cabin this year and it was right across from the second lake they own so it was nice and private! But we did discover that this cabin was smaller and we felt a little cramped so will go back to our "original" place next year!!

I thought the picture below was kind of unique - Glenn just looked at me like I was crazy when he saw it - oh well, I can be different............

I snapped this picture on one of our evening walks!! The main lake is just beautiful, even in the evening!

Saturday morning when we got up and were ready to leave, Glenn said it was pretty cold out - try REALLY cold out - he had to scrape the ice off the seat of the ATV which you can actually see in the picture below, right towards the front of it!! I checked the car thermometer - it was 33 degrees when we headed out at 8:30am!!


Here's a picture of our cute little cabin!


With the aspen covered mountains at the side and back of this lake, the reflections are just amazing! I wanted to capture this dead tree which was standing in the lake!


And of course, one of my all time favorite pictures that I take every year - I actually had this shot blown up a couple of years ago and had it framed!


They actually have WiFi at the main lodge now - but I was glad I didn't bring my computer - kind of takes away from the rustic atmosphere I think! Next blog - Cinnamon Pass!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Beautiful. Can't wait to hear all about your time there.

DrKeppy said...

Let's see if blogger will actually let me comment today.... I love all the gorgeous pictures! I think your first picture is neat as well! Someday we'll have to join you - I would LOVE that!

ahh bear said...

Again - BEAUTIFUL!!!