Friday, September 17, 2010

ONE FANTASTIC FRIDAY!!

Where was I at 10:00am this morning??? Taking an early break to BOOK MY GORDON LIGHTFOOT TICKETS!! I'm sure I was one of the first ones online to book - and both friends I talked to were BOTH excited to join me so I bought 3 tickets - balcony, front row dead center!! The acoustics in the place are AWESOME - another friend and I sat in the same seats (that I just booked) for a Jim Brickman concert and it was fantastic so even though we are a ways back, the music will sound just as good!!

So I pick up the newspaper and on Fridays there is a "GO" section, that talks about upcoming events and movies and reviews, etc. etc. Of course there on the second page is the advertisement for Gordon Lightfoot and I just smiled, knowing that MY tickets were already purchased!! And then I glanced below where there was an advertisement to the Buell Theater in Denver and lo and behold, the musical Mamma Mia was coming to Denver! This musical has been on my bucket list ALSO, ever since I saw the movie (which I've seen HOW many times now since I own it????) I frantically researched the Buell Theater online, found out the dates and called Jessi who was just as excited as I was and of course our first thought was if Jaime worked that weekend - she did - darn - so our only choice would be a Saturday night performance.

I immediately got online to see about tickets - tried and tried and it kept popping up that I had to call in - that didn't sound good at all - but I did end up calling the place just to see what was going on with the tickets. In the AFFORDABLE price range, there were ONLY single seats left - which meant all 4 of us would have to sit by ourselves - that was disappointing as 1/2 the fun is sitting together!!

We checked into Sunday night - yes we could sit together BUT that would mean I'd get home about 1:00 or 1:30am and after calling Jill on her lunch hour and asking her, she said that Sunday night just wouldn't work for her so we were back to Sat night!!

It was time to make a decision- I knew whatever remaining tickets were left would be going FAST - gosh, why hadn't I seen this ad a couple of weeks ago when the tickets went on sale???

SO I made a decision - I ordered the tickets - the expensive ones - and all 4 of us could sit together!! Yes, again we're in the balcony (can you believe the expensive ones are also the entire balcony??? ) At least we're not in the back row, we're in the 3rd row of the balcony, dead center!! And I'll just pay the extra cost myself as a special treat for my wonderful girls!!!

We've already decided to take the light rail to downtown Denver so we don't have to worry about driving at night AND I'm excited about that too!! We'll leave early enough to eat dinner before the musical and it will be a GREAT time for the 4 of us!!!

I won't be too excited to see my credit card bill this next month BUT sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do!!! A concert AND a musical in Novemeber - I'm ONE EXCITED GAL!

4 comments:

DrKeppy said...

I am SO SO SO excited too!!! WE haven't had a girls night out in like - ever?! I can't wait - you are the BEST!

ahh bear said...

That sounds fantastic and like the perfect thing to splurge on!!

Teri said...

What fun! Em and I are going to an Abba Mania concert this fall. We also have tickets to the Broadway series at WMU that include Wicked and Legally Blonde!

Unknown said...

Nice Blog. I am brand new to the blog world.