Monday, November 29, 2010

Black Friday!

I must be getting old - the thought of getting up early for Black Friday held NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER for me!! 5:30 was the earliest I could manage - and even that seemed too early!!

Earlybirds Jaime and Jessi were shopping their little hearts out at 4:30am while I snuggled in bed and didn't give them a second thought!! But all too soon, the alarm went off and I was out the door to pick up Jill! We headed to Kohl's first as we knew the crowd would be gone since it was SO LATE - ha ha!! Met up with Jessi and Jaime there, compared notes, and soon were off to the mall to hit a few stores!

Jill and I split off after that and hit a few more stores before it was time to break for lunch at "On The Border". Yes, I did forget to mention that somewhere between all those stores, I did stop and get my coffee for the day...................

All in all, a very successful day shopping - most of the items I bought were on sale and really only have a couple more things to get!! I did 3 online orders on the computer Sunday afternoon and it's nice to be winding the shopping down!

We were all a little tired on Friday afternoon but rallied enough to have a nice dinner together and then I played Christmas bingo with the grandkids - we used M & M's for the markers and whoever won each game, got to eat an M & M - Mackenzie of course didn't understand the rules and even though Glenn was helping her, they kept running out of M & M's all the time - gee, I wonder why?

Aleah was in a great mood on Friday and I enjoyed spending some time with her - what a cutie!!

I hit the sack early Friday night - after all, there was still a birthday to celebrate on Saturday morning!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving and some good shopping. We only hit 3 stores on Black Friday but Emily had some really good buys - I had some good ones.

DrKeppy said...

We do have fun on our BF outings!