Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Day - 2010

We have SO MUCH to be thankful for on Thanksgiving Day - good health, beautiful homes, jobs, family, wonderful friends - we are truly BLESSED!!

Thanksgiving Day dawned bright and COLD but that was OK - we had great weather driving up the night before and slept at Jessi and Gary's house this trip!

Jessi and I made a quick run to Walgreen's in the morning to catch their 50% off toy sale - picked up some great bargains and then it was off to Jaime's!! Robby and Jill had arrived the night before too and it was fun seeing Aleah again - she looks so cute toddling around!!

The girls and I jumped into the dinner preparation, even getting Rayna in on the action!!



When Rayna had been at our house a couple of weekends before, I helped her make Thanksgiving place cards which were decorated with cute little stickers!! She had fun deciding where everyone would sit!

Of course the kids got their trays first and were so active, I cold hardly get a picture of them - there was lots of shoving of trays and we ended up putting Mackenzie at our big table so the boys had a little more room!

We were so glad to have Gary with us as he didn't have to go to work till later - his heaping plate kind of tells you our menu: Turkey and dressing, mashed potatos and gravy, crunchy coleslaw, corn pudding, fresh green bean casserole, sweet potatos, Hawaiian sweet rolls, relish tray, pumpkin and apple pie and strawberry tarts!! It was all delicious of course!

After the huge clean up - (it's amazing how many dishes you dirty!!) I decided to take a few of the kids out for a walk - we bundled up the kids and I pulled Aleah in the wagon down to the park and back! She loved it but I about froze as it was so windy out!!


Of course a big part of the afternoon was looking at the ads and planning our strategy for the next day!! Michael's was having a late afternoon/evening sale so we girls headed out to that and picked up a few things - mainly a new coffee table centerpiece for me!! I had broken my hurricane lamp this year (after having it for probably 30 years!!) so a new centerpiece was on the list!! I found the one I wanted, marked 1/2 price of course - and then had a 30% off your entire order so really got a good deal on it!! Our other bargain was a fat pack of 12 x 12 Christmas scrapbooking sheets - again with the same deal and since Jill and I split one, it was practically FREE!!!
And then it was BLACK FRIDAY!!!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Cute pictures! It was another wonderful holiday with - yes - much to be thankful for!

ahh bear said...

Those are cute pics! And I LOVE practically free!!!