Sunday, November 21, 2010

Let There Be Light!

ANOTHER WORK WEEKEND???? That's right - but a FUN work weekend as I decorated for Christmas!! 7:00am on Saturday morning the decorating began - 4:00pm Sunday I was completely done (but of course a lot of other stuff was done in between times!!)!! The house looks absolutely amazing!!

I rearranged our small living room and with the couch now in front of the windows, the living room and dining room seem much bigger!! The "Travel Tree" is all decorated and once again as I hung each ornament, I reminisced about vacations!! I also had new ones to hang from Cozumel, Alaska and San Antonio!!

And while I was decorating on Saturday, Glenn decided to hang the lights in the dining room that we had purchased almost a year ago! We just can't seem to get enough light with that tall, tall ceiling so decided to suspend a couple of lights from the slanted ceiling in the dining room - not an easy process and I spent a lot of time HOLDING the ladder while Glenn climbed up and down I can't tell you how many times!! But the result is this:


We were excited for evening to come so we could tell if the lights really made any difference and they DO - the results are fantastic!! A big thank you to Glenn for getting that project done!! The one project that did NOT get done (as you can see in the picture) is the painting of the chimney pipe behind the hutch !!
Not only did Glenn get the lights hung, but he also climbed up that tall, tall ladder and washed my inside windows!! I did the lower ones, inside and out, but it was too windy to attempt the outside tall ones!! He also hung Christmas lights on the outside railing of our deck - we took a drive tonight after it got dark to check them out and they look festive from the road!
What a great feeling to know that the decorating is DONE so I can now concentrate on the Christmas cards, shopping, and baking!! After Thanksgiving, that is..............

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

The lights look great!! And knowing that you decorated makes me really excited to do it. I don't start until after Thanksgiving though!

Teri said...

I love the lights. Bet you will really enjoy them. I envy you being done with the decorating but I can't do mine until after Thanksgiving~!

DrKeppy said...

I'm excited to see the lights - they look great! Glenn did a good job! And I can't wait to see the house all decorated! :)