Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Not A Great Way To Start The Week!!!

Waking up at 2:00am and not being able to fall back asleep should have been a clue - but I REALLY did feel OK at that time. Fast forward to 4:30am and I'm in the bathroom, not having a fun time at all!!

The next 12 hours were horrible - racing to the bathroom every 10 minutes or so and before long, yelling at Glenn to get me a bowl to use also!! Now there's a pretty picture (NOT!) - sitting on the stool and vomiting at the same time!! I DO NOT do well at vomiting, especially when there is NOTHING left in your stomach!!

Soon the chills and fever came, along with a pounding headache which I could do NOTHING about! Me Oh My - I was SO GLAD when late afternoon hit and it all stopped!! (Except for the pounding headache!!)

Now any other time I would have been back at work the next day but not this time!! I was so weak, I could hardly climb a flight of stairs so Tuesday was stay at home day to recuperate!

The only redeeming factor in this horrible bout of stomach flu was that it didn't happen Sunday afternoon while I waited in the truck for 2 1/2 hours AND the fact that at least I won't be sick for our "girls night out" on Saturday night!!

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Yuck, yuck, and more yuck! So glad it didn't last any longer than it did. At least you got it out of the way - that means NO more stomach flu for a LONG time - right??!!

Teri said...

No fun at all! Hope you are all better now and ready to have fun Saturday!

ahh bear said...

Oh noooooo!!! ICKY!! Glad it was over quick though!