Sunday, January 23, 2011

3rd Time IS A Charm!!


They were there!! I rounded a corner on my way to work on Friday and there were the elk, standing there in all their glory!! Not a great place to pull off as there was a guard rail so I drove up a little ways, whipped the car around and then parked across from them!! Grabbed my camera which of COURSE was in my car, walked across the highway next to the guard rail and started taking pictures!!
It was freezing out - the wind was blowing and cars kept zipping right beside me but I stood my ground and soon there was a bunch of cars doing the SAME thing I was doing!! The elk were all spread out but I counted close to 100 as I stood there watching them!! What a fantastic way to start out my Friday!!

3 comments:

Teri said...

You did it! YEAH!Thanks for the pics - we love them.

DrKeppy said...

Hooooray! The pictures turned out great!

ahh bear said...

oh my goodness - awesome! You should print one of those big and hang it on your wall!!!