Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's COLD Out.........

and I'm ready for some warmer weather!! This 20 below stuff is for the birds - well, not really!!

I was feeling a little "blah" yesterday so when I went to Walmart after work, I picked up a "beach" calendar and just hanging it at work this morning made me feel better!! That white sand, the turquoise water, the palm trees - can't you just feel that hot sun beating down on you while you lie on that beach chair with a pina colada in hand??? I'm counting the days down till we'll be doing that - just one more month and Mexico, here we come!!

My car is absolutely filthy after driving home Sunday from Ft. Collins!! They used this black stuff on the interstate and besides my car being totally iced up around the tires and the running board, it's covered in black stuff!! Of course yesterday I wore my off-white jeans to work and the bottoms were NOT clean when I arrived home from work, just from getting in and out of the car. Today I wore light tan pants (wouldn't you think I'd learn??) and sure enough, black stuff around the knee from leaning into the car, even though I really tried to be careful!! But I can't get it washed because it hasn't got above 15 degrees!! Maybe tomorrow???????

After being gone 3 weekends in a row, we're STAYING HOME this weekend!! HOORAY!! In fact, Glenn even asked me if I would like to see a movie on Friday night! Whoo Hoo - a date night!! But I was disappointed when I came to work and looked at the marquee for the theater and the movie I want to see, The Tourist, won't be there after Thursday!! Hopefully something else good will be playing! Should I ask for dinner out too???? I think so...................

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

I think you should ask for dinner out too!

I'm with you on being over the winter weather and wanting a pina colada in the sun!!

I remember when I went to college (in the UP) and all of my khakis were dirty on the bottom!!!

DrKeppy said...

Yes - go for dinner too! I am totally ready for a warm-up - brrr brrr brrr!

Teri said...

That is too cold for me. Enjoy your date with the hubby! I am looking forward to a weekend at home and not at the condo - maybe in another week!