Friday, January 28, 2011

Las Vegas

It was a nice evening to walk to the Bellagio - we tried to look at the map and figure out how far it was and of course on the map, it just looked like a little ways!! WRONG!! I'm not sure how far it actually was but it felt like miles on my sore legs!!


The Paris Hotel is right across so I snapped a picture of it, all lit up!!

We walked into the Bellagio and who do we see but a couple from W. Pk that we know - I insure them and Glenn had just finished a granite job for them - small world!! We checked out the conservatory which was done up in a Chinese theme and it was gorgeous!! A lady offered to take our picture and after standing there FOREVER, she finally took it - as you can tell by the photo, Glenn and I look pretty bad - I'm hoping it was because we stood there smiling for what seemed like hours before the lady took the picture but then again it could be because we were SO tired from walking!! I wouldn't have posted the picture but I wanted the background to be seen as it was so pretty, done up in flowers and the cute little horse and cart!!

One scene had this huge bunny in it and it reminded me of Easter!!

And then it was outside to the fountains!! They had already started so we didn't get a good place against the railing but still enjoyed watching the fountain and listening to the great music!!


Yes, it was a LONG ways back to our hotel and we even considered getting a taxi but we walked a lot slower going back and were glad to hit the sack that night!!

Tuesday was the start of the actual Expo - there were many, many booths with lots of information, demonstrations and equipment!! Glenn enjoyed it all - me, not so much!! Our one class for the day was at noon and after it was over, Glenn decided to stay for the afternoon and I decided to go back to our hotel to eat from the buffet and relax in the room - also to take the heavy bag of information that he had already picked up that morning, back to the room!!
We did "buffet" day for Tuesday at our hotel - one price per person for the entire day and you could go in as many times as you wanted - what a deal!! I was thoroughly surprised that our breakfast was so good and equally surprised when I went back for lunch and found it much better than eating at the food court!! I had a tough afternoon ahead of me - emailing and reading a book!!

Our evening was a repeat of the night before - playing video poker with drinks in hand (except Glenn won some actual money this night!!)and eating dinner at the buffet - the prime rib and peel and eat shrimp were great!! Exhuastion set in early that night................

Wednesday was our last day and even though our plane didn't leave till 5:30, we had to check out of our room so packed our bags and stored them for the day!! We each had one class again and because I didn't have a room to read in this time, I spent some quality time just reading out in the huge hallways while Glenn did his roaming around!! Before we knew it, it was time to grab a taxi and head to the airport!!

All in all, Glenn deemed it a successful business trip - and that's what counts!!

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

How wild that you saw people you knew! Although with Glenn, I am not surprised1 The light show looks really neat - too bad it was such a long walk!! Glad the trip was a success!

Teri said...

Sounds like it turned out ok - hope you got some great ideas for your business!

ahh bear said...

The strip is so long! When we went there in 03 or 04, we stayed at The Hotel at Mandalay Bay and walked everywhere were SO tired. I even pulled a muscle from walking so much!