Thursday, January 6, 2011

The DREADED Chore!

Does anybody dislike putting Christmas decorations away as much as I do??? Because I decorate the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving, I'm always ready to take them down right after the first of the year!

And every year the same thought goes through my head - why is it SO FUN to put them up and such a chore to take them down?

I usually try to pack it all in a weekend and be done with it - but since we were gone New Year's Weekend this year, it's been strung out all week!! I have found that the easiest way for me is to gather all the Christmas items and put them on the pool table (and the floor, and along the side of the wall!) and THEN pack them away in the tubs - and actually, it doesn't take that long to pack them away either - it's just the THOUGHT of it I guess!

So I've reached the "packing away" point and tonight is the night to finish it up! After all, I need to get that done so I can start on Glenn's business books - once again, I have the ENTIRE year to input on the computer along with typing out 1099's for his workers during the year - any volunteers?????

2 comments:

ahh bear said...

I agree!!! I hate putting the decorations away. I always itch & itch until it's the Friday after Thanksgiving so I can put the decorations up (Pierce liked helping this year). But as soon as the last present is opened, I'm itching to put everything away. Luckily I've had some GREAT help the last 3 years (my mom & sister) so I don't have to do it all alone.

Teri said...

I don't mind putting them away. It is then that I remember when I got each ornament and mark them off on my list so I don't miss any. But I do hate lugging those tubs up into the attic!