Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pack - Pack - Pack!!!

Although I LOVE to travel - I don't like packing!! I think it's because I like clothing CHOICES - and when you're trying to do a carry on bag, you're really limited on what you can take!

This week I'm packing for 2 trips - Suite Retreat at the Embassy Suites this weekend and then it's on to Las Vegas for a "Stone Expo" with Glenn!!

Packing for Suite Retreat is pretty easy - but let me tell you, there's a LOT to pack - I always end up taking my scrapbooking roll suitcase, a fair sized bag that's especially made for scrapbooking materials, 2 clothes baskets full of stuff, my laptop computer, and my clothes bag!! It's a good thing the Embassy Suites has those large rolling carts to put everything on!!

It's the first time in YEARS that all 3 girls and I are ALL going!! And we've got the big executive suite booked so there will be plenty of room for us!! Of course we're all bringing lots of food and drinks and with the "free" happy hour each evening and the breakfast that's included, we'll be set!

Our trip to Vegas is a "working" trip - both Glenn and I have signed up for several of their free classes - most of mine involve marketing while Glenn's are all granite based!! And any free time I'm sure will be spent looking at all the booths that will be set up displaying granite and marble!

So we won't need to pack any "dressy" clothes at least, just jeans will do the trick I'm sure!! And good walking shoes - and some type of jacket - and the computer to catch up on emails in the evenings - and a book to read when I'm waiting on Glenn - and the list goes on and on and on!!

I finally got wise a couple of years ago and got a basket to put all the "travel" items in that I sometimes take: the camera charger, a mini flashlight, a mini umbrella, my IPOD case and headphones, an extra cell phone charger to name a few - I got tired of trying to remember where I put each item so it's just easier to have it all in one spot!!

Also laid out to pack are all the hand-out materials that we had to print out for all of the classes - I printed and printed and printed! Between the 8 classes for both of us, there is at least a ream of paper - I think Glenn will get to pack that in HIS suitcase!!

Suite Retreat and Las Vegas - HERE I COME!!!

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

The basket is such a smart idea!!!

DrKeppy said...

I'm so excited!! And I think Vegas will be fun for you guys too - I'm proud of you going to the marketing classes! Maybe you'll find your new niche...!

Teri said...

Sounds like 2 great trips. So nice you get to be with your daughters and do something you all enjoy. Have fun traveling!