Friday, March 25, 2011

HOORAY For Maintainers!!

Our gravel road has been hideous the past few months!! For anyone that has ever lived in the country, there's one word that describes it all - WASHBOARD!!

Even though we're less than a mile off the highway, that little stretch of road is a nightmare when the washboard is at its worst!! And believe me, it's been quite bad!! So when I pulled off the highway after work last night, a big smile crossed my face because I immediately knew that the maintainer had been out - the road was a real pleasure to drive on!!

*************************

Fire season is ALREADY upon us - that's right, our snowiest month is always March and we haven't had a lick of moisture yet!! We're STILL waiting for that 1 to 2 foot of snow that has just not happened this winter, making the entire state of Colorado a tinder box!!

There have been several fires around (thankfully nothing in our county yet) and with the high winds every day, putting these out is a real challenge! The humidity stands at about 3% - yes, that's DRY, DRY, DRY!! So we would sure welcome some snow or rain at this point!

***********************

I'm looking forward to the weekend - dinner out tonight, a baby shower tomorrow, and an afternoon of scrapbooking on Sunday - is it 5:00 yet????

2 comments:

Teri said...

I remember 'washboard!'. Not fun at all. Sounds like you have a great weekend planned. We will have to catch up next week.

DrKeppy said...

I sure don't miss the washboards! Gary always says I drive WAY too fast over them - I just tell him I drove on roads like those for YEARS!! Sounds like a nice weekend planned!