Monday, March 21, 2011

Tea For Four!!

The day had FINALLY arrived!! I had bought one of those "Deal Of The Days" through our local newspaper that was for a tea down in Falcon, which is outside of Colorado Springs!! Since our "choir girls" is a group of five and the tea was for five, I thought it would be a perfect fit!!

Unfortunately, one of the ladies lives part-time in Az. and she wasn't available to go so it ended up just being the 4 of us but we had a fantastic time!! (We missed you Marilyn!!)

I had printed out the directions from Mapqwest as it was actually in a home out in the country and we did find it without much trouble!! It was just a regular house and from the outside, you could not IMAGINE what was in the inside!!

We walked into a huge living room that was completely set up for tea with 5 separate tables and uniquely decorated in Victorian style!! Everywhere you looked were beautiful teapots and teacups and old Victorian dolls - quite a place!!

Here is a picture of us which I'll call BEFORE!!

And here is the one I'll call AFTER!!


Yes, we dressed for the occasion!!! Mary Ellen (the owner of Mary Ellen's Tea House) takes you into her back bedroom and completely dresses you from head to toe!! She must have close to 100 dresses in a variety of sizes and she takes one of us at a time, pulls out a dress and helps you put it on- then adds gloves, a hat, a boa, a fan, and finally earrings and a necklace!! It was a riot back in the dressing room watching her dress each of us - and she herself is all decked out also!!
After all 5 tables have dressed, we sat down for the actual tea!! I took a picture of one of the tables before we sat down and each table had a different color scheme!

The tea was just lovely!! Hot and cold tea, delicious crossiants filled with a chicken, grapes, and apple salad, veggie tray with dip and orange, cranberry scones with whipped cream! During our tea, Mary Ellen told us lots of "tea" trivia and read us several "tea" stories!!
I never thought I looked good in hats before but I LOVED this one!! Suppose I can find one to buy??


Here's a picture of Clara and me at the tea table - we did have to take our gloves off to eat and since our boa's kept slipping off, they too went to the back of the chair!!

It was one DELIGHTFUL afternoon, made all the more special by being with great friends!! In fact, we all have decided that since we looked SO GOOD in our hats, that our next get-together is going to be a shopping trip to BUY some!!

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Oh I LOVE IT!! How fun that you got to dress up - that is just so neat! I love the dress on you - I think you need to buy both a hat and dress!! :)

ahh bear said...

that totally made me smile. we have a tearoom here but they don't dress you up!

Teri said...

What a blast! Looks like so much fun.