Monday, March 21, 2011

Rayna and Jaime's Birthdays!

Better late than never I guess!! Rayna's birthday was March 2nd but it just didn't work out to be up in Denver then so we waited to celebrate when the Smith's came down for the weekend!
And since they came down on Jaime's birthday, we celebrated it too!! Happy Birthday to Jaime who turned 33 on Saturday!! That's sure making me feel old.............

Since the grocery store had the BEST strawberries we've had in a long time, I bought plenty and we celebrated Jaime's birthday and the arrival of spring (the next day) by drinking strawberry daiquiris - YUM!!! Her dinner request was Spicy Crab Linguine and it turned out awesome!!

We gave Rayna a Razor scooter for her birthday!! She was excited about it but even MORE excited when Papa took her over to the playpark where she had an actual parking lot to practice on and learned how to ride it!!


Rayna decided that holding up a backdrop would work better for Jaime's birthday picture - I beg to differ...........

Kylan and Rayna had given me a picture frame for Christmas that says at the top "My Nana" and it's still sitting empty because I wanted a picture of them with me - we FINALLY accomplished that this weekend - after many attempts of course!!

We spent the weekend playing Mexican Train, sitting in the hot tub (wind and all) with the kids so Kylan could "fish", watching a movie, and taking the kids to town to see "Rango" (not all that great!) while the guys went ice fishing!!
Kylan of course is too young to actually play games but he kept requesting for me to play Sorry with him - I tried to play by the rules but all Kylan really wanted to do was to draw the card and then proceed most of the way around the board, knocking each one of my markers off - so much for rules...........

It was a fun weekend with everyone and hopefully the next time they come down, the weather will even be nicer!!

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

that looks like a fun weekend and like rayna got a sweet ride! it's only a matter of time before pierce wants one of those!!

Teri said...

What fun! So nice they are close enough to come down and visit.

DrKeppy said...

(I forgot to comment!) love the pictures - can't wait to see Rayna riding the scooter! Too bad the movie was no good.