Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Little of This, A Little of That..........

Happy Birthday to our first grandchild, Rayna who turns 9 years old today!! WOW - 9 years - where DID the time go???? We won't get to celebrate with her for a couple of weeks but we'll make sure her birthday is extra special when we do see her!

..........................

I'm appalled at the gas prices - who isn't? And yes, I know I drive an SUV which sucks up the gas like crazy (it's $60.00 when I fill up the tank now!) but really..........summer is coming and we plan on doing a LOT of camping, ATV'ing and traveling..............high gas prices just do NOT work into that equation!!

.........................

My tailbone is slowly getting better from my fall on the ice! I haven't been able to exercise the past couple of weeks of course so that is driving me crazy but I've decided I will ATTEMPT next week to get back in the swing of things - I may have to switch around my routine as I'm sure jumping rope will NOT be an option for a while but hopefully I can find something that will suffice!

..........................

I finished the taxes last weekend - HOORAY!! That's always a good feeling and such a sense of accomplishment - let's hope our quarterly estimates were enough and a refund is in order - (yea, right...........)

.........................

What's up with this weather??? We have had basically NO SNOW to speak of this winter - just a little here and a little there - which means we're DRY, VERY DRY!! March is typically our snowiest month with the upslope storms that bring us heavy, wet snow - so hey, March is here, bring ON THE SNOW!! I'm ready for a snow day!

........................

Just to make all of you readers jealous, I want you to know that my spring cleaning is ALMOST FINISHED! Yes, I do my cleaning in January and February and I'm running a little late this year but after this next weekend, the house WILL BE DONE except for the windows! Which once again means my evenings and weekends can be spent on much more challenging issues like watching TV and scrapbooking!

........................

I'm LOVING the daily Groupon, Living Social and our daily newspaper Gazette deal of the day coupons that come over my email every morning!! WHAT A DEAL some of these are!! My 2 major purchases (the "tea" for 5 of us friends and the night's stay at Cripple Creek with 3 meals included) will be used these next 2 months and next week we'll be using the restaurant coupon which was $50 worth of food and drink for a $25 fee, for our anniversary dinner!! I've already used the Amazon coupon which was pay $10 for a $20 purchase. This morning I purchased the Fandango movie deal - 2 movie tickets for $9,00!!! You just can't beat these deals and it's fun every morning to check my email to see what's there!!

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

I LOVE groupon!!! Sooo many good deals - it excites me to read about each day's deal too!

Teri said...

Sounds like you have a good deal going - enjoy the coupons. And I hope you get the snow day and not us!

DrKeppy said...

Wanna come to my house next???