Sunday, November 20, 2011

Denver Aquarium

I miss my laptop!! Not only do I have to share the main computer with Glenn but I also had to download my pictures on it too - which is something I haven't done for over a year and a half since I've used my laptop!! Thanksgiving can't come SOON enough so Robby can fix it!!

Our weekend was a Denver weekend to babysit kiddos!! Jaime and Brad are in Tx. and Jaime had originally asked me almost a year ago to come up and babysit for them while they were gone - that was when we THOUGHT Gary was going to retire at the end of August!! But since that didn't happen, I could only do the weekend - and Jessi has been a great fill in for me!!

So we came up after work on Friday and picked up Rayna and Kylan at Jessi's house and proceeded to take them to THEIR house for a couple of nights!! It sure was strange watching them without Jaime or Brad in the house!! We started a movie but Glenn and I were just too tired to watch much of it so we hit the sack!!

I was planning on sleeping in - WRONG - Kylan was up at 6:15 and came into the bedroom saying it was time to get up - I told him differently - and he crawled in bed with us but of course we didn't get any more sleep...............

Late morning we dropped Kylan back off at Jessi's so we could take Rayna to her volleyball game - how fun to see her play again - this time in a different league - and her team won 5 out of the 6 games they played - she's one great player!!

We had packed sandwiches in the car which was a good thing since we were all starving by then and met Jessi at her office for adjustments which were needed after I believe about 6 weeks since our last one!! And then we moved all the car seats into our car and headed to the aquarium!!

Luckily we had coupons to make the prices cheaper to get in because it IS expensive!! But I love to go there and someday just Glenn and I are going to go to really enjoy the exhibits!!

You would think with 3 adults and 4 kids we would have had an easier time keeping track of them but we failed..............Kylan got quite lost for a while and I was in a state of panic trying to find him!! But of course we did - and I tried to hang onto his hand for quite a while after that but you know kids............

Here's Rayna in the deep sea dive suit!!

She's the only one I could get to stand still long enough to take pictures!!



To be honest, not many of my pictures turned out great because it's kind of dark - but I love this picture!


Jessi took this "attempted" picture of us and the kids!!


Feeding the stingrays was interesting - after paying $2.68 for 3 sardines, (I had no idea that was what I was getting - I figured it would be a dry type of fish food!!) none of the kids actually fed them because it was kind of scary!! Oh well - at least we tried!!


They are cute, aren't they???


Now why didn't I get Rayna in this one???


I tried to do a "sibling" picture but Kenzie and Evan were just not going for it but I did capture Rayna and Kylan!!



We ended up getting their faces painted since a nice guy had some extra tickets!! I thought it would take a LONG time for that - try about a minute apiece!!! Face painting just isn't what it used to be!!


Also on those "free" passes from the guy were admission to the 4D show - since Kylan was too short to go in, Glenn and I took him and Kenzie to the car while Jessi, Rayna and Evan enjoyed the show!!


Getting to our next stop was not what I would call fun!!! The interstate was completely backed up but thanks to Jessi's phone, she found us another route - although it did take a LONG time and the kids were tired and hungry and absolutely DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! I think they thought Nana was pretty crabby too because I was!! Guess I'm just not used to the noise!!


We did finally make it to CiCi's Pizza and had fun eating lots of pizza and some fantastic cinnamon rolls!!! The kids pretended to play in the arcade while we relaxed!! And then it was homeward bound to finish our movie and hit the sack again!!


Kylan made it till 2:00AM and then came in saying he needed his humidifier filled as it was dry in his room!! I told him I was too tired to do that so to crawl in bed with us - big mistake - he coughed and coughed and coughed!! Glenn and I finally got up and gave him some cough syrup, filled his humidifier and put him back in his bed!! By that time I was WIDE AWAKE and laid there for a long time before finally getting to sleep.............


Sunday Jessi and Gary and the kids came over after church - Jessi and I escaped to Caribou Coffee for some much needed "alone" time and then it was back for lunch and to frost and decorate Thanksgiving cookies that Jessi had baked!! It was fun and they kids loved it!!


Now I'm getting geared up for Thanksgiving where we will head back up to Denver for 3 nights - I'm thinking I should take some ear plugs!!

4 comments:

Teri said...

Isn't it amazing how we just can't handle the noise anymore? But it sounds like you had a good time and it was great you could help out with the kids.

Patty Jensen said...

Oh your pics were so good - and what a fun time - yeah I know what you mean by the noise!!!

DrKeppy said...

Oh I just laughed and laughed reading your blog! I don't know why I find the kids driving you crazy so hilarious! Probably because I have to deal with it often! Ha! You got some cute pictures - I thought the one of you and the kiddos turned out quite well all things considered. And how is it that the picture we both took of all 4 kids - none of them are looking at either your or my camera???? WHo knows?!
So glad you came up!! I might not have survived...! :)

ahh bear said...

That looked like a great aquarium!! The noise drives me nuts too. My kids are constantly being shushed ... LOL!