Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Mackenzie

BEFORE the birthday party............was our annual shopping day!!

I was wide awake by 5:45 am, ready to face the crowds and the traffic!! Jessi and I left the house by 6:45 and soon met Jaime and Jill for our day of shopping!!

It really wasn't too bad - I think all the die hards had went at midnight!! And there was only one door buster item that was completely sold out that I wanted so I didn't think that was bad at all!!

Break time was spent at Panera Bread and oh my, they had some great bagels there - although the coffee wasn't fantastic!! A hot out of the oven cinnamon-sugar pretzel hit the spot at the mall and Noodles and Company was our lunch destination!! To top off the day, it was gorgeous outside so we rarely wore out coats after it warmed up!! All in all, a great day of shopping and I made one huge dent in the list.........

Kenzie and Evan were excited to help decorate the cupcakes!

And before we knew it, all of the family arrived and Kenzie's party had started!! She liked her new boots that we got her and proudly modeled them for us!!


Remember that GREAT bargain I got at the Munchkin Market last spring??? Well, I wrapped up a large portion of it for Kenzie and she loved it!! Can you believe I still have 21 baggies of the pet shop left???? Guess what she's getting for Christmas??



After a great meal of chile and hot dogs, it was time for the cupcakes!! Kenzie of course had to wear her new dress and "wings" for the blowing out of the candles!! What a cutie!!





We were all a little tired after the celebration - in fact, after Jessi and I cleaned the kitchen, we sat down on the couch and looked at each other and started yawning - it was time to hit the sack!!


Happy 3rd Birthday Kenzie!!!

4 comments:

ahh bear said...

Oh I love it!!!! It's almost birthday season here too!!

Teri said...

What fun! We started our shopping at 5:10 in the morning but didn't have near as much on our lists this year as others. We hit 9 stores before noon!

Patty Jensen said...

What a doll and those wings are so neat - saw the video among the snapfish pics that Jessi sent and oh so cute!! Boy you did get a bargain - lucky you and Mackenzie!!

DrKeppy said...

She does LOVE all her gifts! Cute new background and wow - you didn't even need my help!! :)