Sunday, November 27, 2011

Turkey Day 2011

Thanksgiving Day dawned absolutely beautiful and the warmest one we've had in years!! I had decided a couple of days ago that instead of trying to fight the traffic on Wednesday night that we would just wait until Thursday morning to head up to Denver - and that was definitely the RIGHT decision as it made for a great drive with hardly any traffic!! In fact, I ended up driving since Glenn insisted that we stop by Burger King for a breakfast sandwich for him (I opted for cereal that morning!!)

As I was getting close to Jaime's turn-off I started thinking about coffee - Caribou Coffee - and wondering if it might be open............so I turned off a couple of exits early and headed over there to find it open!! I called both girls and got their coffee orders and we brought coffee to the crew -yum!!

Rayna was set up right inside the door with her "face painting" station!! Kylan was the first victim and he did look darn cute!!

Soon the Savage's and then the Keppy's arrived so it made for one big happy family!! Putting the finishing touches on our meal was quick and easy and because it was so nice outside, the kids could play outside which really helped the noise level!! Although when you get the 4 guys together, I think they can be louder than the kids!!

Robby had brought my new hard drive for my laptop and immediately set to work fixing my computer - HOORAY - he finished it in no time at all and I was good to go!! THANKS Robby - we all appreciate your skills!!

One NEW thing about this Thanksgiving - no more bibs - yes, the girls called me one day at work and they had made the decision that they were tired of bibs and ready for comfy pants - and I was OK with that - a little sad, but OK!! This tradition had been going on for many, many years - back in the days with we used to get together with Cindy and Rene for our Thanksgiving!! Many fond memories of those bibs but I guess it was time to say goodbye to them!!

Brad and Jaime cooked 2 turkeys - one in the oven and one in the smoker - and they both were excellent!!
Somehow I missed taking pictures of the family at the table - maybe I was actually eating this year instead of taking pictures???

We sent the kids and the guys to the park after lunch so we could clean up and it worked out great!! It was almost hot out when we strolled little Parker to the park for a while!!

The kids decided to watch a movie up on Jaime's bed since the guys were watching football and I caught this picture - do ya think they're a little interested in this movie or what???


Evan was next to get his face painted - and we were actually sitting on Jaime's deck which is off her bedroom on the 2nd floor, looking at ads.............


Parker slept through our meal which was nice for Jill - he's crawling all over now and despite wanting to be held by his mom all the time, he was still fun!!

I had decided I wanted pics of the boys and then the girls to use on my Christmas cards, along with a picture of Glenn and I!!! So we got them all lined up and I snapped away, knowing that most of them would not be too good, trying to get all 3 of them to sit still and smile!! I peeked at the pictures on the camera and was just sure I had a great one of them, but alas I was NOT happy with them - the best one of Evan and Parker had Kylan blurry - now how can that be???? This one turned out cute but the lighting is not great at all - I need some lessons from Amanda!!

Then it was the girls' turn - and again I thought I had a good one but I didn't - either Aleah was moving in 1/2 of them or I need to steady my hand!!

We did run out and do a little shopping - I always seem to find something at Walgreen's in the toy department!! Jessi and I headed to Michaels later on and no matter how many times I tell myself I do NOT need any more scrap booking things, I just can't help but buy more!! After all, it WAS on sale!!


Then it was off to Walmart for the 10:00pm start - there was nothing I really needed that was going to be put on sale at that time but of course I didn't want to be left out so I went!! It wasn't as bad as that one year Jill and I went but it was still VERY crowded and after I picked up a couple of things, I was ready to get out of there!!!


And then it was off to bed before our 6:00am alarm for Black Friday shopping!!

3 comments:

Patty Jensen said...

Just so fun to read about your holdidays with your family - and I thought the pics weren't that bad at all!!!!

DrKeppy said...

Once again we did not get a big family picture! Oh well - it probably wouldn't turn out too good anyway! It was a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

ahh bear said...

Take pictures outside as much as you can!!! The natural light will be very complimentary. Or set them near a window that has light coming in. But usually it's more about capturing the moment than being technically correct. :)