Sunday, April 15, 2012

April Snows!

Hooray - the snow arrived last night!! Heavy, wet snow that we so desperately needed in this extreme fire danger area!!
I got out of scooping snow this morning!!
In fact, I had my first outing since my surgery - a trip to breakfast!! We headed to Divide as there is a new place we haven't tried - it wasn't open. So on to our 2nd choice which is a great standby - it wasn't open!!! Third time was a charm, even though we had to drive back to Florissant!! Costello Coffee House WAS open and a favorite place for coffee too so I was in heaven!
***************
It's been an interesting week, being home every day, mainly on the couch!! I found plenty of things to do: emails, finishing ALL THREE Hunger Game books, making special coffee each morning, internet surfing, talking on the phone, more emails, a few easy chores, putting ice on my leg several times a day, you get the idea.............Not once did I venture downstairs to watch TV - mainly because it was nice and sunny upstairs and WARM, but secondly because there just isn't anything great to watch on TV during the day unless you watch a movie!
************************
But Saturday, Glenn had to work again all day and because I was in between books and was ready to do some Swedish weaving, I took to the WARM downstairs (because Glenn had a nice cozy fire going) and made it a movie day!! (after getting the laundry done of course!! I watched 3 movies: The Family Stone (where I cried and cried and decided that was TOO much so put in a HAPPY movie!!), Sweet Home Alabama and Out Of Time. And the great part was I got a lot done on my blanket!!
*****************************
As much as I love being home, it's just not the same when you're recuperating!! So tomorrow I will venture into work for an hour or so before I head down to the doctor so he can check the stitches and see how I'm healing!! As long as the doctor OK's working some, I will try to be in the office a little bit this week when I know Glenn will be doing an install!
****************************
But for today, I'm OK with just hanging out and watching it snow!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you're really just now getting your snow? Well, I guess we've had a mild winter ourselves, so....

Teri said...

Glad you are feeling better. You can keep the snow - we are having a nice warm rain - much better. Enjoy your time off!

DrKeppy said...

Cute new layout!! Gary wishes we would've got the snow over here too!! I suppose there's still a chance - but not a very good one! Hooray for finishing all 3 Hunger Games books - that means I get to borrow them now - woo hoo!! :)

Patty Jensen said...

Glad YOU got the snow and not us - haha - no that is great as know how dry it was out there - take care!