Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It's DEFINITELY Spring In Ft. Collins!

After getting out of the hot tub Thursday night with Jaime and the kids, I hurriedly packed my bag for the next couple of nights as I was heading to Ft. Collins at noon on Friday to babysit!

And after I arrived, I realized that I had totally packed wrong!!! Even though it's been very seasonal in Woodland Park, it's not quite time for shorts and sandals - but it IS in Ft. Collins as I soon found out.............and when Jill asked me which church service I wanted to go to on Sunday since it was Palm Sunday, it dawned on me that I hadn't even packed church clothes - duh!!!

But anyway, Jill and Robby were headed out for an afternoon wedding so I got there just in time to babysit - the kids were excellent! Neither one cried - they ate a great dinner with me - and bedtime was a breeze!!!!

And then Saturday morning came...........the kids certainly knew their mom was around then because they both were out of sorts!!! Funny how kids can be SO good for grandma but then when mom is around, look out!! We did go out shopping for a little while and the kids were just fine doing that!

We dropped the kids back at the house for Robby to watch while Jill and I left to go see a movie!! We both wanted to see "The Hunger Games" and we both thoroughly enjoyed the movie - more on that in another post...........

Did I forget to say it was HOT out in Ft. Collins??? Luckily I had brought t-shirts to wear with my jeans but didn't have sandals and my t. shoes were downright hot!!! The kids had a ball playing outside!!
Parker is toddling all over the place now and brings you his shoes when he wants to go outside!!

I borrowed some capris and sandals from Jill so I would look presentable in church on Sunday and by 2:00 was back on the road home!! But first I stopped at Target to buy the book "The Hunger Games" - I knew after seeing the movie that I wanted to read the book!!!

The long drive home was just that - LONG!!!

4 comments:

Teri said...

Can't beat babysitting the grandkids! My time is coming - I get two days of babysitting in May.

Becky Raymond said...

I can't believe how different Parker looks! Can't wait to see him!! Glad your trip was good and I can't wait until your done reading the books so I can!!!

DrKeppy said...

And I commented on this one as you as well... ooops!!

Patty Jensen said...

Ha ha Jessi - omg - Parker is walking!!! growing up way too fast!