Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Day Trip To Westcliffe

Saturday was gorgeous!! One of those beautiful days when the sun is shining and you HAVE to do something.........
*******************
Plans were already made though because Glenn needed to make a trip to Westcliffe to do more polishing on a granite island and he asked me if I would go along for the ride!! Absolutely!!!
*******************
After stopping at the shop to pick up his supplies, we headed to Co. Springs and stopped and ate at the Village Inn - I had actually requested that we stop because I LOVE the pick and choose part of their menu!! For $6.99 you can pick 4 items from a HUGE list of choices and the sizes are just perfect - not huge - and I can get exactly what I want - which is what I did!!! 2 egg cheese omelet, 2 slices of bacon, hash browns and a strawberry crepe!!! I almost licked the plate clean it was so good!!!
**********************
When I was at the shop, I grabbed a pair of scissors as I knew the lilacs were in bloom at the lower elevation and I was NOT going to pass up a chance to cut a sprig for the car so I could enjoy it all day!!! Glenn stopped at the perfect spot just as we came into Florence and jumped out of the car to cut a piece before anyone saw him!! Oh my - the smell was intoxicating!! I was one happy person at that point!!!
*************************
And then it was on to coffee at The Pour House - now isn't that a cute name?
I couldn't resist taking a photo of a great cup of coffee and my all time favorite flower as we sat out in the sun and enjoyed ourselves!!
As I said before, it was a beautiful day out and the temps reached close to 80 as we headed to Westcliffe - and Glenn even stopped AGAIN to cut me another sprig when he saw another loaded lilac bush - gosh, good company, good coffee, good music and lilacs !!
*****************************
We headed to the house and while Glenn worked away, I sat on their deck with a book and read!! And on the way back, we took a different way and ended up in Guffey where we had lunch before we reached home!! What a perfect day!!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds great! Hope this means you are feeling better and able to get around some.

Patty Jensen said...

Oh Becky we are so much a like - I too can't wait for the lilacs to bloom and put a few in my house!!! And you got coffee and a neat ride and reading - whoo whoo - what a special day!

DrKeppy said...

Geez I never commented? Slacker! Glad you got to enjoy a mini-trip with Glenn and hooray for yummy coffee AND lilacs!!