Thursday, April 12, 2012

Surgery!

So last Monday was my surgery day - I was apprehensive which is to be expected I guess!

Even though we arrived early, they took me back to the room and started in on the locals - why do those darn locals have to hurt like they do? I'm not sure how many the nurse gave me but apparently it wasn't enough because once the doctor started cutting, he had to give me more as I could feel it - NOT fun!!

The worst part was the laser cauterization - that part felt like I didn't have ANY numbness in my leg and I cried out 2 different times as the pain was so intense - not something I want to repeat!! 50 stitches later the doctor said he was finished.........

After an hour, we were out of there!! Glenn stopped at the store to pick up some painkillers for me and I hit the couch once we got home!!

Now, 4 days later, I am doing good - stairs are a little tough for me yet and mornings are the worst as it feels like a lot of tugging and pulling when I first get out of bed! But I'm sleeping well and will probably be done with the drugs today!!

The couch and I have become good friends!! I have everything I need within reaching distance and spend my time on the computer and reading!!! I've finished the 2nd book of The Hunger Game series and am now on my third book - excellent stories!!

Glenn brought me home 2 beautiful plants last night - one from him and one from my two sisters, Patty and Teri - they certainly brighten up this room!!

Until next Monday when I return to the doctor, I'll still be taking it easy. My leg has started to bruise so I have vivid shades of purple and red to look at! But it's over and done and life goes on!!

4 comments:

ahh bear said...

That sounds painful but I'm glad it's done with! 50 stitches - WOW!

Teri said...

So glad you are starting to feel better. Take it easy and don't over do!

DrKeppy said...

I still can't believe how many stitches you had - yikes! So glad you are healing well - I knew you would!! :)

Patty Jensen said...

Sending a hug!!!