Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Hunger Games

It's pretty rare that I EVER see a movie twice in the theater ( although I think I saw Mama Mia 3 times!!) but when I walked in the door Sunday late afternoon and started telling Glenn about The Hunger Games, he said he wanted to go see it!!

I said I'd love to see it again - that's how much I enjoyed the movie!!! It was playing in Woodland Park so we didn't have far to go!

So what's my take on this movie???? It was dark, thought provoking and imaginative! It was the type of adventure thriller that had a lot of dramatic violence, raw emotion and was often brutal in parts where it needed to be!! But it was purely captivating..............I wanted it to go on and on - I wanted to know how the districts came to be - I wanted to know what each district did for a living - and the list of questions went on and on!!

Luckily, Jill had read all 3 of the books so answered many of my questions but I couldn't wait to get my hands on the books!!! I am now reading The Hunger Games and just today purchased the other 2 - I'll have plenty of time to read next week while I'm recuperating from my surgery next Monday!

Friends have asked me how I could love a movie like this when the theme is actually 24 teenagers, fighting and killing to be the last one standing! It's not the killing that pulls you into this movie - it's the "story telling" of how this came to be and the everyday lives of people in the future - it's the expressions on the teenagers who are thrown into this bizarre game, not because they wanted to be there but because they were chosen to be there! It's the thought that because this takes place in the future, could something like this actually happen?

If you haven't seen The Hunger Games, I recommend it - and if you love to read, I'm already going to give a recommendation on these 3 books - right now I can't WAIT to get home and read some more............

4 comments:

Becky Raymond said...

I love a good book... glad you are enjoying them! I want to read the books and then watch the movie again!!

DrKeppy said...

LOL why are you commenting on your blog? OH because I forgot to sign out as YOU when I was trying to figure out the spacing issue - ha!

Teri said...

Emily has read all three, seen the movie and now has listened to them on audiotape. Guess I will need to try them next.

Patty Jensen said...

Can't wait to read it - have it on my kindle but not started yet.....