Thursday, July 12, 2012

Boys Will Be Boys

Monday morning has begun!!  The boys immediately wanted to get in the hot tub but it was really foggy outside - you couldn't see the highway or anything so I told them that first we were going to cut out pictures on old cards and then make sticker cards for the moms!  Naturally since it was bright in our house, they thought they needed to wear sunglasses!!



Eventually the fog burned off and we headed out to the hot tub - I'm sure the boys were toasty warm as they played and played and played!!!  Me, on the other hand, sat on a chair with a sweatshirt on covered by a towel and drank my coffee!!


Snack time - they both chose peach yogurt but I'm not sure Kylan really liked it!!  Each time he took a bite he would grimace while Evan was saying YUMMY YUMMY!!  Quite comical!
Next was outdoor activities!  I had bought the cutest ring toss game so drew a line with chalk that the boys had to stand behind and the game was on!!  Both were cheering each other on!
Bubbles - I LOVE blowing bubbles!!!  I had gotten each one a cars bubble set - there was a tray to pour the bubbles in with 3 different sticks to use, all in the patterns of car related items!!  I'm not sure the picture captures this but the bubbles were ALL DIFFERENT COLORS!!  I was amazed - is it really colored bubble stuff or was the sun making them different colors?  I had no idea but it was fun watching the different ones!!  Also on the one stick they used, it looked like there was a reflection on the bubble of a car - was I going crazy or what?????



And then came the sidewalk chalk!  Now I assumed the boys would draw pictures - but the first thing they did was just to use it like a color and make solid masses of nothing!!  And finally they each drew a picture!  I have a feeling our chalk drawings might be there till winter if we don't get more rain!


After lunch, I told the boys they had to take a "rest" (we don't use the word nap anymore with them) or they wouldn't be able to go to the movie!  I put one up and one down and they both promptly fell asleep!!  The house was so quiet that I hardly knew what to do with myself!!

We headed into W. Pk to see the movie "Brave" - it was cute and both boys enjoyed it, covering their eyes during one scary part!  I had brought them juice boxes that were hiding in my purse and bought them popcorn so they were pretty happy!
Papa took over when he came home!  Did I forget to mention that it seems like all they talked about during the day were the F and B words???  Burps and belches - farts and fluffs - seems like that was all I heard and even though I told them they needed to stop, it would soon start up again!  Now I'm an old softy at heart but Papa isn't!!  After he told them to STOP, they didn't - he gave them one more chance, telling them that if they didn't stop the potty mouth, they would not be getting in the hot tub that night!  They didn't stop - and they didn't get to use the hot tub that night!

Instead Papa took them on a "nature" and "hunting" hike!!  Apparently he taught them all about deer and elk and survival - I wonder if they remember any of it????

Evan was excited about riding the ATV but Kylan chose not to ride!  Evan assured me he DROVE the ATV all by himself!!

It started raining right as they were finishing up their hike so it was a good time to come inside and play another game of Sorry!  They went to bed just fine and I headed to the lower level to watch some TV and recuperate - but found myself up and down those 2 sets of stairs 3 different times to tell them to be quiet and go to sleep!!  When we headed up to bed abut 10:00, they had finally given in!

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

You are the best Nana ever!! What a fun time they had!!

Jill said...

Such cool activities you did with them! So when can the girls come??? Maybe next summer!

Teri said...

What fun! Sounds like you had lots planned for them. How nice to spend some time with just the 2 of them.