Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th of July

I love red, white and blue!!  I think the colors are my favorite part of the 4th of July - of course along with wishing Robby and Jill a Happy Anniversary AND wishing Happy Birthday to Aleah who turned 3 years old!  I always reminisce about Aleah's birth since none of us made it up to Ft. Collins in time to witness it!!  She'll continually be our little firecracker!  We'll be celebrating her birthday this weekend along with the other July birthdays so pictures to follow!

The 4th just doesn't seem like the 4th when it falls on a Wednesday!  Now any other day of the week is OK because if it lands on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday, you can easily pull off a 3 or 4 day weekend!  But when it's right, smack dab in the middle of the week, it's a little hard to justify taking a 5 day weekend!!

Our day was jam-packed and downright FUN!!  We needed that after all the stress of the fire the week before!  So we packed up a lunch, grabbed the sunscreen and hooked up the boat to go fishing over at 11 Mile Reservoir!  I, of course, took a book!

The water was like glass and there were hardly any other boats around so it made for a nice, peaceful day!  Glenn had fun fishing and even caught a nice trout and I read an entire book!  We had sun till about noon when it clouded up but no rain, just coolness and I was glad I had a beach towel to wrap up in!

After loading up the boat mid-afternoon, we headed over to Martin and Joleen's for a BBQ - they had their neighbors over and some relatives so we stuffed ourselves and had a great time!

And if that wasn't enough for the day, after we got home, our neighbors came over with a delicious Mexican cake (a very dense white cake with all types of fresh fruit on the top) and we celebrated Stan's 60th birthday!  I was so exhausted afterwards that it was all I could do to make my way to the couch and watch a little TV before bedtime!

Happy Birthday to America - Happy Birthday to Aleah- Happy Anniversary Robby & Jill!


2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

I LOVE the new background! I am with you - red, white and blue just always look fabulous! Glad you had a great 4th - you deserved it!!

Teri said...

Sounds like so much fun! It was so hot here Jay and I just went from store to store to restaurant most of the day. I envy you needed a towel to wrap up in!