Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cross It Off My Bucket List/Butterfly Pavilion

Welcome to the Butterfly Pavilion!!  This place has been on my bucket list for years and I FINALLY get to cross it off!!  No, it's not some exotic destination  -  just a place I've wanted to take the grandkids for years and it finally happened!!  Can you believe that last Thursday was the ONLY weekday all summer that all of us could get together!!!

After we got the date on the calendar, Jaime realized that she had to work the weekend and Brad was flying to Montana to go to his class reunion so needed me to babysit for 3 days!  I headed up on Wed night and spent the next 4 nights in Denver!!

The first stop for Jaime and I was the laser place for a treatment!!  I'd had to cancel my last 2 appts. due to a blizzard and the 2 fires so I was way overdue!!  The gal turned the laser up a little bit and oh my, this session was quite painful!!!  OUCH!!!

But after meeting Jessi and Jill and their kids at the Butterfly place, we soon forgot the pain!!!

The first room is the creepy crawly place with all the spiders!  And guess what - we even had the chance to have a tarantula crawl on our hand!!  Rosie was actually pretty creepy looking but I sat in the chair (along with some of the kids) and held her!!  Even got a sticker to wear that said I held Rosie!!

Here's the tarantula tower where the kids kept jockeying for positions!


We finally made it into the butterfly room!  It was just as I imagined - full of beautiful trees, flowers and bushes with hundreds of butterflies flying around!!  Amazing!!  I love this picture as I caught 2 of the same type butterflies on each side of the tree and it looks like a pair of eyes!!


It seemed like all of the really colorful butterflies just flew around and whenever they did land, their wings were flapping so fast, my camera couldn't capture them!


We tried a mirror picture to try to get all of us - didn't work out so well but it's still cute!!


This butterfly might not be too colorful but the pattern on his wings is amazing!


A cute Rayna and Jaime picture!

I could have spent hours just sitting in the butterfly room, watching them fly around but little ones are not as patient and it was time to move on.........Parker loved the play area the best!!


Check out these cocoons!!


As we headed outside, the kids found the nature trail and got to run off some pent up energy!!  We even captured a picture of them in the gazebo!!  Then it was off to Cici's Pizza for some yummy pizza and the best cinnamon rolls ever!!  What a great start to my stay in Denver!

3 comments:

Patty Jensen said...

Got caught up on your blogs - LOVED the butterfly pics - that looks like a neat place - you had fun with family and got the little ones to stay all night - how fun!!Aren't the grkids great????

Teri said...

Sounds like a great place - hope your whole time there was that much fun!

DrKeppy said...

You got some GREAT pictures! Your mirror picture turned out MUCH better than mine! Gee should we get out the 2013 summer calendar and plan some play dates with all of us?? LOL