Sunday, July 15, 2012

July Is Flying By

Last Tuesday after I dropped the boys off, I ran a couple of errands before meeting Glenn down there to install blinds.  When I was deep cleaning my kitchen during the days we were evacuated from the business, I cleaned on top of my cupboards and somehow, both of my white mini light strands wouldn't work afterwards.  Glenn even took them down and worked with them but they just wouldn't work.  So I stopped at Hobby Lobby, hoping that I could still find a couple of boxes of these mini lights as they're so popular - and if not, I knew I could wait till Christmas and find them!  Lo and behold, I walked in and all their Christmas stuff was already out!  REALLY????  It's July!!  I knew they started putting them out in October but JULY?????  Needless to say, I found my lights!

Thursday morning when I went to work, I happened to look out my window and there was a doe with her 2 fawns!  I watched them for a long time and even took a few pictures!  It was neat to see the little fawns scampering around and finally running away..........


Thursday night we went out for my birthday dinner since we were going camping for the weekend!   I had made reservations at Mona Lisa Fondue - we had went there for our 25th wedding anniversary and both loved the place!  It's very romantic and intimate and the perfect place to celebrate something special!!!
I had a Living Social coupon to use which made it even better!!!  The 4 course meal was 1/2 price and even included a glass of wine!  Glenn opted to switch his for a beer but I enjoyed a delightful glass of moscato!  The meal was delicious but of course the best part was the dessert - I ordered the dark chocolate and it was so good!!!  We were so full when we walked out of there that we even opted not to walk around Manitou Springs - we just headed on home!!

4 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Mmmm looks delicious! I can't believe they have Christmas decorations out already - that's just wild! Before we know it, they'll just have them up year round!!

Patty Jensen said...

Oh how fun!!

Jill said...

So fun, I love the Mona Lisa. One day I'll have to go back.

Teri said...

Hope it was a great celebration and you had a wonderful weekend.