Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The First Annual Boys Adventure

I had been telling the boys (or maybe it was the moms?) that they could come down and spend a couple of nights at our house once they got a little older!  HMMMM - seems like they really aged these past couple of years because they're both now 5 years old and it definitely was time to make good on my promise!
Since we were already going to be in Denver for the weekend, I thought it would be a good time to bring them back with us and then meet Brad in Co Springs a couple days later to take them back home!
The boys were so excited they could hardly contain themselves and all weekend kept asking if THIS was the day they would get to come home with us and FINALLY it was the day!!

Nana and Papa DO NOT have movies in their car - a real change from their cars so they had to spend the next 2 hours talking between themselves, eating snacks and looking out the window!  The drive wasn't bad at all and before we knew it, we were home!

I told Glenn that I was sure the boys would be too old to play in the little sand box - as you can see, I was wrong!

Because there was rain in the forecast, Papa put some boards and tarps across the open area of the unfinished clubhouse and the boys thought that was great!!!  Their first comment was - What do we sit on?  So I got the little chairs out of the closet and they thought those were perfect!  They wore their camo jackets and carried their walkie talkies every chance they could!

I decided to teach them how to play Crazy 8 (child's version) and Go Fish with a deck of cards and they loved both of those games!  But they mostly enjoyed the game of Sorry!  I have the old, old version that the girls had growing up and it's getting pretty beat up!  The boys didn't care at all and we enjoyed playing it after dinner!



After snacks, (I gave the boys 4 choices of snacks - Evan promptly asked if HE could choose the 4 items for snacks the next day - I don't think so!  I allowed the boys to watch a movie in the evening but it was the only time the tv was on during their stay - I gave myself a pat on the back for that!

The boys slept on their blowup beds on the floor of the loft where I could keep an eye on them!  It was an interesting night as Kylan talks in his sleep - not just a little bit - a LOT!!  And he's perfectly coherent when he talks, just like he's carrying on a conversation!  Of course each time he started talking, I sat up in bed thinking there was a problem but there wasn't!  And after all of that talking, you would have thought he would have slept in a little bit - NOT - at 5:45 he walked over to the bed and said "RISE AND SHINE" - I just moaned and rolled over but the day had already started!

2 comments:

Teri said...

What a great idea to have them spend a few days with you! Can't wait to hear what else you did.

DrKeppy said...

They are so cute! :)