Monday, July 5, 2021

Aleah and Kenzie

 This is how we roll - got home on a Tuesday night from Iowa and Thursday morning I drove to Co Springs to pick up Aleah and Kenzie for their "summer" stay at our house!  I met Jessi at Pikes Perk Coffee Place - a new place we chose to meet since we haven't been happy at Caribou (even though I STILL love their coffee!!).  The coffee was great and the girls enjoyed their smoothies!


Back at home, I had a project that I thought the girls would love and they did!  I had printed out maps of the United States and got out our bags of sea glass that I pick up when I'm in Baja!  Their job was to sort through the glass and find matching shapes of glass to the different states!  They really enjoyed it - almost as much as I enjoy picking up the glass!


Here's the finished products!


The girls played outside a lot and enjoyed swinging on our new swing!


Chocolate chip cookie dough from Papa Murphy's is a must when they come!  I'm not sure who likes it better - the girls or me!


Of course they had their computer time - most of the time lying in bed!


Just hanging out at the picnic table!


Lots of time was spent on the swing down by the campfire!  2 pretty girls just enjoying the outside!


2 comments:

Teri said...

I love the map and sea glass idea - so cute. How nice you get to host the girls!

Jill said...

They look forward to this every year!