Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Girls Will Be Girls

 They're both almost 12 - and wow have they matured over the last year!  I look back at when they came when they were younger and marvel at all the things we used to do together!  Much more time is spent on their phones now, but that's to be expected!  But they still love being outside and I see the "little girl" in them when they swing and have fun together!  I'm sure there will come a time when they won't really care about coming to Nana and Papas' for a few days but for now, I'm enjoying each and every minute with them!

Their all time favorite snack is STILL cut up fruit in a bowl (along with marshmallows) and eaten with a toothpick!


We played many games of cards - and I think their favorite right now is a toss up between 5 Crowns and Skipbo.


Even though I believe Kenzie would prefer "special coffee" to hot chocolate, she did still drink the hot chocolate!


Aleah on the other hand LOVES hot chocolate and of course they top it with whip cream and caramel!


Just 2 best friends, contemplating life!  I ADORE this picture!


It's been so great to have campfires this year!!  Aleah wanted to try Kenzie's concoction of putting a melted marshmallow around a strawberry so that's what she did!  And she loved it!


For our activity this year, I took the girls into the aquatic center!  I watched them from the lobby and they had a great time!



We thoroughly enjoyed having Aleah and Kenzie this year - it seemed a little short as Saturday afternoon Jessi's and Jill's pulled in for the family weekend - but we still had an awesome time together and maybe next year we can have them stay one extra night!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Such a special time - enjoy it while you can!

Jill said...

I don't think it will be any time soon they won't want to come! They have such a great time! Thanks for taking them! And isn't Kenzie already 12 :)