Tuesday, February 21, 2023

January Photo Dump

 January ended as we were travelling - and only a very few pics to share!

Jill had asked for a jar of our jelly that Jaime and I made so I took her up a raspberry one - later that week she texted me a picture and said there was mold at the top - WHAT????  I felt so bad as we had JUST made that jam in Dec!  Anyway, I needed a jar for the frig so opened a raspberry one and same thing, mold at the top!  DARN!  Only thing I can figure out is that I did NOT boil the jars in water, just the lids - I did wash the jars in hot water but maybe that wasn't enough!  Anyway, it could have to do with the sealing also - some of the jars take a VERY long time to seal at our elevation - so who knows?


I don't often buy decorations anymore for the house but saw this in Hobby Lobby and decided I needed something new on the fireplace!  I do think it looks great there!


The sunrises just started to get really pretty the last couple of weeks before we left!


I was riding with Jaime and Rayna VERY EARLY one morning to an appt in Denver and the sky was just gorgeous in Co. Springs!


And one more sunrise picture from the house!


And now it's officially on to February!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Beautiful sunrises!

DrKeppy said...

Love those gorgeous sunrises! Darn on the jam!

Jill said...

Totally bummed on the jelly! How strange it happened to 2 of them.