Friday, February 24, 2023

Super Bowl Party and More

 My "last blog" to catch up with what's happening here!  And then I probably won't blog for a while as life settles down and we start ENJOYING life more!

Thursday night we generally go over to the Spa Hotel (we can walk to it along the beach) and it's "grill" night - they have wonderful ribs and chicken but my favorite is the potato!  This year they offer two kinds, one is a shredded beef and the other one is brisket and shrimp - I got the shredded beef and it was fantastic - it's huge and I only eat a portion and usually get 2 lunches out of the rest of it!

We had planned to go to Chino's, the fairly close pizza place on Thursday night but then found out it was closed on Thursdays (darn) and I hadn't laid out anything for dinner.  So I sent Glenn over to the Spa for happy hour and to bring home takeout - we decided to try the grilled hamburgers this time - I was hoping they were served with the wonderful potato salad and sure enough they were, along with a beautiful and tasty spinach salad!  The burger was EXCELLENT!  It had a black bun on it (and no it wasn't burnt - ha!)  and I have no idea what type of bread that bun was but it was good!  Naturally, I couldn't eat the entire hamburger so had the rest the next day - yum!


Another amazing sunrise!


We always host the Super Bowl Party as we're the only ones that can figure out (thanks to son in law Robby) on how to stream it!  But this year, one of Glenn's friends not only brought us his spare "black box" to use to stream but also let us borrow one of his big screen TV's to watch it on!!  WOW - it was perfect!!

Friends Del and Linda always join us but they had to fly back to the states for a dr appt so weren't here.  Eric and Hillary and newer friends Becky and Larry joined us!  Becky's are from Falcon, right outside of Colorado Springs and we really enjoy them!  We had enough food to feed lots of people!



At 1/2 time, we had wings, carrots and celery - and after the game, I had made my "Too much chocolate cake" recipe and it actually turned out PERFECT down here - yes, I had to bring the ingredients AND my bundt pan but it was well worth it!  Brought enough supplies to make it one more time too!


I told Glenn he did NOT have to buy me roses this year for Valentine's Day - so he asked me what I wanted and I said a sticky bun from Caleb's Restaurant!  So we went into town to pick a couple of them up (and yes, they are DELICIOUS!)  (but I still prefer Jessi's homemade cinnamon rolls) and then we went to get a few groceries and they had Chunky Monkey ice cream - my all time favorite!  So I splurged and bought it - I wouldn't even look at the price till I got home - and yikes, American products down here are very pricey.  The ice cream was $10.00!  Oh well, I enjoyed every bite!

I also went to the chiropractic last week as my back and leg were hurting so bad - and that's when I discovered that Dr. Dennis knew someone from my hometown which I wrote about on Facebook!  He had a completely different approach on chiropractic care than Jessi does - I did go again on Friday and I certainly feel better but it's still sore......  Maybe another trip to see him?  Time will tell......

And Saturday morning I went to the "Farmers Market" with the gals - they do have many booths there but everyone has favorite things they want to get and know exactly where those booths are so it doesn't take too long!  I ended up getting 3 items at the bakery (which were good) and a hydroponic lettuce head - they were there last year and the lettuce was great but their prices have doubled since last year, along with a lot of other things around!  Inflation seems to have hit everywhere!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds like you are settling in well! Enjoy!

Jill said...

Glad the super bowl game worked out! Love that you guys have such good friends down there!