Thursday, February 23, 2023

Windy Weather

 Yes - it's been windy!  In fact, Glenn hasn't been out fishing yet as the wind and waves are just too much right now!  But that's OK - we had so much to do around the house - and people stop by ALL the time and talk to Glenn when he's out front so a lot of our time was spent seeing and talking to neighbors and all the people we've met down here - which is of course FUN!

And it's been chilly - yes, it's very warm in the sun of course but we have had a lot of clouds - which are fun to watch over the ocean too!  

Dinner out with Hilary and Eric at Piedro Gordo - I LOVE their potatoes (heck - I love EVERYONE'S potatoes down here!)


Horses on the beach are always fun to watch on a cloudy, windy day!


We headed to San Jose one day with Eric and Hillary - stops at Home Depot, Costco and a Walmart!  What a haul!  The list for Costco is always long but it's not near as busy there as it is in the states!  And the hot dogs are just as good there too!  I added a mango smoothie to my order and it was delicious!

Then it was off to Walmart - Glenn and I have never been to it so at least we now know where to go!  Hilary and I both had a grocery list and other items, including flip flops for me, new washrags as mine were falling apart after 2 years, a couple juice glasses for the kitchen and grocery items that you can't find in our town!  I saw this sign right outside Walmart so had to take a picture for granddaughters Aleah and Kenzie as they LOVE these drinks!


We were all exhausted by the time we got back home and then there's the repackaging of hamburger and chicken and apple strudels for the freezer!  San Jose traffic is ridiculous - good thing we only have to get to the airport a couple of times now!

Gorgeous sunrises - wow - I click and click my camera!


We always bring something down for the house each year - I was SURE tired of looking at king sized sheets hanging over the front sliders so we bought nice curtains in the states and brought them down!  Oh my gosh, they were SO wrinkled and I spent hours ironing them on the kitchen bar!!  Glenn got a pvc pipe and spray painted it and now we have beautiful curtains hanging and can pull them at night!  Sure adds to the living room!



2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

The curtains look great! Yes those girls love their Boba! And yay for friends to go on shopping trips with!

Jill said...

So nice to shop in the big city with friends! Love the curtains!