Thursday, July 27, 2023

Gwyn's Turn

 Gwyn and I had been looking forward to her time to stay for quite a while - trying to find a time on the calendar with the Keppys' busy schedule is sometimes hard but we DID get it on the calendar!

Since Glenn and I both needed adjustments, we decided to head up to Denver early Friday afternoon - and that won't happen again till tourist season is over!!  OH MY!  We left the house at 12:30 with 2 very quick stops to make - when we got to Co. Springs, I checked the maps app to see how long to get there as it's usually 45 minutes to an hour - the app said 2 HOURS and 45 MINUTES!!  ARE YOU KIDDING?  Needless to say we took the back way which does take longer - it was much better but still had some stop and go traffic!  Boy was I glad to finally get there!


After dinner and a walk, we just hung out and talked before bed - we headed out by 7:30 the next morning as I needed to be home to watch the online funeral of my niece, Amy who had passed away a week ago.

I fixed Gwyn some hot cocoa and she headed out to be with Papa for the next hour while I was on the computer!


Per Gwyn's request, it was cheeseburger soup for dinner along with fruit salad - 2 of her favorite dishes that I usually make when she is here!  Yes, it's lengthy to make but she loves it so much that I wouldn't consider NOT making it!


We brought the craft box up from the basement and I dug out some of my creative memory supplies and she had a ball using the stickers and punchers - and in between, we played a LOT of cards!


Gwyn wanted to sleep in the queen bed in the guest room and have it ALL to herself, along with her own bathroom down there - but she couldn't get to sleep and was a little nervous about being down there by herself so about 10:00 that night, I brought the mattress and covers up and made a bed on our floor - she slept like a log that night!

Sunday morning it was time to head to Wild Horse Cafe for breakfast, coffee and a smoothie!  I always love their country playlists that come over the speakers in there!  A great breakfast and coffee!


Since we were out and about, we decided to go ahead and drive into Divide to go to the play park - Gwyn had made a list of everything she wanted to do when she was at our house!  Since Sundays the traffic heading back down to Co. Springs gets pretty crazy, this was a good choice to go in the morning!



I had forgotten that I had the game "Sorry" in the closet - but when I saw it, I knew Gwyn could play it so brought it to the table and she absolutely loved it - I can't tell you how many times we played it!  And it was even more fun when Papa sat down and played a game with us!

Gwyn and I took a walk that evening while Papa rode his bike - it was a gorgeous evening out! She tried to find a long stick to walk with (since I always use my hiking stick) but none of them worked very well - ha!

Ice cream bars were on the agenda that night before bed - and once again, she slept great!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

A highlight of her every summer! She feels pretty darn special to get you and Papa all to herself!!!

Jill said...

What a lucky girl!