Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Last Day In Paradise #1

 How can it be that we go home tomorrow?  Why does vacation always goes SO fast?  Time to enjoy this last full day at the beach and make the most of it!

Was there seaweed today?  OH MY GOSH!  There was so much that they had to get the tractor and some contraption that looked like a manure spreader !  WOW there was a lot of it - which meant there was a lot in the water with the wind blowing it in!


Jessi and I sure enjoyed our coffee everyday - no, it's not quite like what we get in the states as it's foam on top instead of whipped cream but it was still wonderful!


We wanted to sit in the chairs outside of Beloved but the sun was so intense so Jessi let me borrow her hat - don't I look like a movie star in disguise?   Right!!


There was one special section of the resort that we never quite figured out how it was used - it was stuck to the side with NO breeze but they had some cool couches and chairs so Jessi and I walked around and took a picture in them!


The sky was sure blue that day!


Drinks at lunch - they always make for a pretty picture! I remember I just ordered lemonade so the one with the limes is mine - but in Mexico, they make their lemonade from scratch and if you don't say "natural", they make it with sparkling water - of course I forgot to say it so I received my lemonade with the fizz in it - darn!


I ordered one of my favorite desserts - it was SO good!


One last mango margarita on the beach!


No tejin around the rim for Jill.


We'd seen these large mattress looking cushions laying around and decided to try them out - we're so glad we did!  Super comfy!!


Jaime and Jill drug a couple out to the beach to enjoy!


We tried the ocean - the girls stayed in longer than I did!  But the seaweed was quite bad and I just didn't care for the feeling of it wrapping around my legs - yikes!  So we headed to the pool as we all wanted a drink there!  I ordered one from the pool bar and it was awful so Jill went over to Beloved and got fresh drinks for all of us - SO GOOD!


Back at the bar, Jill wanted the shot that looks like the Mexican Flag - the bartender kept trying and trying to make it but just wasn't happy with the results!  We waited forever and finally a couple of us left!  Jill went up to the bar to see what was going on and this was the result - they just wouldn't serve it because it wasn't perfect!


Here's a look at the ocean - you can sure see all the seaweed patches in it!


To be cont'd......

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Those coffees were picture perfect! I am glad you decided we should try those beach beds - they were so comfortable!!

Jill said...

Those beach beds did turn out super comfy! The shots were sure an ordeal! Next time I'll just have to tell them exactly what I want in it!