Monday, June 9, 2008

High In The Sky

I've always loved hot air balloons - and on my list of things to do before I die, is to ride in one! No, I didn't get a chance to ride in one this last weekend but I did get to see them up close before they took off!
My friend Carrie picked me up Sat. morning at 5:00am (yes, I got up at 4:30 and it WAS dark) and we headed to Buena Vista. That is one of my favorite drives - I love climbing the hill on Wilkerson Pass and when you reach the top - WOW - what a view of the mountains! We must have seen over 100 antelope grazing in the fields too. It was just one of those perfect mornings!
We were surprised how light it was driving over and we thought we were going to be late as the balloons take off at sunrise. But we got there in plenty of time and soon the balloons took off - my camera was going click, click, click! I hobbled around the field, checking the different balloons out and watching the people work to get them in the air. The backdrop for the airbound balloons was the mountains and I was hoping to capture a balloon or two right in front of them, before the wind picked up - I wasn't disappointed!

It was a great trip over and back - thanks Carrie - we'll definitely do it again!
Rayna (our granddaughter) was in a fishing tournament in Denver on Saturday - it was for kids and their dads and Rayna won 2nd place with a 2# fish! And she was only 1 oz. from 1st place - talk about excited! Her prize was a Playstation 2 - which I (of course) know absolutely nothing about but apparently it was a hit with her! Congratulations Rayna - you did great!
It was a weekend with grandkids Rayna and Kylan and also our granddaughter from Iowa, Nedelle. I was disappointed the weather was NOT good on Sunday as I had bought a swimming pool and we had it ready for the kids to play in - but 50 degree weather doesn't warrant swimming - BRRRRRR!! Although Ebby (Brad and Jaime's dog) thought it was a great place to jump in!

The house is so quiet after everyone leaves - it always makes me sad - and that's when I start planning for the next time I'll see the grandkids! Maybe the weather will be better then.........








1 comment:

DrKeppy said...

Wow! Those pictures are spectacular!!! You should enter them in a photo contest!