Saturday, June 21, 2008

Weekly Woes

It was not a great week around the Raymond household. I have been sick all week - still am in fact but definitely better than the first of the week! And Glenn broke one of his finished granite countertop pieces and had to start all over - he wasn't happy about that! So needless to say, we're BOTH glad the week is over and the weekend is in full swing!

I won't go into the details of my sickness (it's not pleasant to read about anyway) but I will say that one of my symptoms is dizziness and that has yet to subside! Each morning when I got up this week, I would almost be afraid to open my eyes - scared that I would still be dizzy! But of course I eventually had to get up anyway, no matter that I was STILL dizzy!

The 2 days I didn't go to work, I basically spent in bed - our waterbed! And I realized how much I TRULY love that bed!! You don't see a lot of waterbeds for sale these days as it's definitely a thing of the past for most people - but I wouldn't give up my waterbed for anything!

I've had a waterbed for probably the past 30 years - the first couple of mattresses were the wavy kind, where when the other person rolled over, you could easily be thrown out of bed! (well, maybe not quite that bad!) But the new mattresses have the "baffles" in them and there is no motion at all - and that I enjoy! There is nothing better at night than to crawl into a warm waterbed!

Today I tackled the rest of the windows and cleaned out the interior of my car - something that has needed to get done for a while! I really miss the full service car wash in Woodland Park as I detest dragging out the vaccum and cleaning the interior, along with washing the windows - just not a job I enjoy doing! But the end result is always so nice and since we are heading to Denver soon, the thought of a nice clean interior was my goal! It was a challenge to do the windows and the car with the dizziness I'm experiencing but it's done now! Hooray!

On our way to Denver we must stop in Colorado Springs and get new cell phones - we are 6 months past due and I kept thinking that one of our phones would soon stop charging - and mine did yesterday! The thought of walking into that Verizon store and picking out a phone for each of us and then getting all the accessories and the phone numbers transferred over is not a pleasant thought to me! Just trying to get someone to help you takes a LONG time! And since I am electronically challenged, everything they say about a new phone just goes way over my head! The last phones we got were very nice - they would take pictures and videos and had all these special features! But did I EVER use them - absolutely not! I had Jaime take a picture to have on the front of the phone for me and the same picture is still there! I have no idea how to take a picture to this day!

I want a simple phone this time - just one I can dial and talk on - no added features! If anybody ever sent me a text message, I wouldn't know how to retrieve it anyway! Just give me a cheap, free phone and a charger for it and let me be on my way!!

I had to call Jaime on a cooking question last night - ha ha - anybody that knows Jaime, knows she doesn't cook any more that she has to! All cooking questions are automatically directed to Jessi! So Jessi will get a kick out of that!

All 3 of my girls know how to cook - all learned in 4-H and brought home many, many blue and purple ribbons. And now that all 3 are married, they can CHOOSE to cook or NOT!

I categorize my 3 girls cooking like this: If we're going to Jill's house, she will have the entire menu planned for the weekend, and the minute we walk in the door, dinner is whisked on the table with the next days meal usually prepared, waiting in the frig. If we're going to Jessi's house, Jessi will have the contents to make a meal on hand, and will usually say, how should we cook it for dinner? And last but not least, if we go to Jaime's house, we'll walk in the door and she'll say - gosh, what should we do for dinner? (don't laugh too hard Jaime!)

Seriously, they all make wonderful meals and Jessi is great at making desserts! Jill's speciality is trying new recipes and she makes some awesome dips! Jaime does well too, as long as she READS the recipe and uses the right ingredients! (she has discovered that using soda instead of baking powder, just doesn't work!)

We're off to get our new phones - luckily we're headed to Jessi's after that so she can teach us how to use them!





No comments: