Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Squeaky Clean

I'm one of those anal people that MUST have clean windows - and trust me, my windows are NOT clean right now!

My windows get cleaned not once a year, but twice a year! I always wash them in the spring and again in the fall! It's not a job I really enjoy, yet the satisfaction of looking through crystal clear windows is definitely worth it!

Our old house had 42 windows to wash - it was an entire day's work to wash all the windows inside and out - and they were the older type wood framed windows that did NOT pop out with ease like the new ones do! I spent many, many hours washing those windows - and I was proud when I finished them all!

The new house doesn't have near as many windows - they are the "new" type ones that are so much easier to wash and they also pop out for easy cleaning! But there is NO WAY I can wash the huge, tall windows in the front of the house! We actually borrowed a VERY tall ladder from the neighbor and attempted to do them last summer - I can only climb up so far as I'm scared of heights but Glenn crawled to the top and washed them - unfortunately they must have been SUPER dirty as the results were not impressive! I have decided this year to hire them done - that may be easier said than done - I have left 2 messages for people out of the yellow pages and they haven't even bothered to call me back with an estimate. I guess I won't be recommending them to anyone!

Isn't it amazing how the inside of the windows get this shadowy film on them? I guess it's from the furnace or fireplace or wood stove, but I sure don't like it and it's grating on my nerves when the sun hits the windows in the morning. So that means one thing - it's time to wash them! I will start the process today after work - I sure can't climb any ladders outside to wash them but I certainly can start on the inside ones. And maybe, just maybe, someone will call me back with the good news that they are willing to wash the high ones for me!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Well don't look at the windows in my house as I hardly ever wash them! Just when they can't be seen through. I guess you got all the cleaning genes in our family!