Monday, June 30, 2008

I Love A Bargain!

Jill came down from Ft. Collins to spend the weekend with us - she hadn't been down to spend a night in the new house so I was excited to have her come!

We did all the usual girly stuff - sat in the hot tub under the stars, laid out in the sun while reading our books, had massages at the house, scrapbooked ( a LOT!), drank pina coladas with fresh strawberries, watched a couple of movies, dipped strawberries in chocolate (yum, yum), had cinnamon rolls and coffee on the deck (well I had coffee - she had milk as she's not a coffee drinker) and last but not least, we shopped!

A friend had called me last week and said the little craft store was going out of business and had scrapbooking supplies at 50% off - I didn't even know the store was in town! So Jill suggested checking it out and if there was some neat things there, we could go in on Saturday to shop! I went down on my lunch hour on Friday and sure enough, she had a couple of aisles of scrapbooking things that would be fun to browse through. I told her my daughter was coming down that evening and asked if she would be open on Saturday - she whispered to me that yes, it was their LAST day and all things would be 75% off - WOW!!! So needless to say, Jill and I came into town and looked through her store! She had a lot of really nice stickers and paper and when my total was rang up at $100.00 but I wrote the check out for $25.00, well, that was AWESOME! Jill's was the same. Nothing like a great bargain to start out your day!

It was a GREAT weekend - it's always fun to have your "adult" children come home so you can pamper them!

1 comment:

Teri said...

What fun! I know I have sure enjoyed spending time with my adult children - it is so far to be friends with them.