Sunday, June 15, 2008

Rocky Mountain High

WOW!!! Let me say that again - WOW! Today I crossed off one of the items on my "Things To Do Before I Die" list! I ACTUALLY GOT TO RIDE IN A HOT AIR BALLOON!!! Not for 10 minutes or 20 minutes but probably for a full hour! It was amazing, it was wonderful, it was all and more I thought it would be!
This is a shot looking down at the balloons - yes, we were HIGH!



My good friend Carrie had invited us (Gary, Jessi, Evan, Glenn and I) over for the balloonfest out on the Hartzel Flats which is just below Wilkerson Pass - it's a huge flat bottom, completely surrounded by mountains! So we were up early and over to watch the balloons go up, in hopes of getting to ride in one!
One couple, Dave and Jessica, did not have anyone with them to help them "crew" and asked if we would be willing to help and go for a ride - ABSOLUTELY! SO while Glenn and Gary helped them, Jessi, Evan and I headed over to Carrie's friends and helped them get their balloon in the air!

Before we knew it, Glenn and Gary were up in the balloon! And when they came down, Jessi and I went up next! What a treat - the ride was so cool - it was quiet up high, except for the times when Dave would turn on the flames - we floated and floated along with the other 20 or so balloons. We went up HIGH! Very high! And it was an experience I wouldn't trade for anything! What an awesome time we had just looking out over the basket at the scenary! You just couldn't wipe the smiles off our faces!
This is a shot taken from inside the basket, looking up!


After our ride, we were treated to a great breakfast - then a fun ceremony for us 4 and 5 others who had never been up in a balloon before - and lots of tailgate fun with even more food and champayne! These balloonists really know how to have a good time!



This was definitely a Fathers Day that none of us will forget for a long, long time! We appreciated Dave and Jessica giving us a glimpse of what they do on their weekends for fun, the spectactular ride in the balloon, and Carrie who invited us in the first place! THANK YOU ALL!!

































1 comment:

Teri said...

What fun! I am envious of you. How lucky to find someone to go with. I am sure you will treasure this memory forever. Loved the pictures!