Tuesday, June 24, 2008

And The Cast Is No More!

Today was my doctor appt. - strike up the band and shout HOORAY!! My aircast is now a thing of the past! The doctor said my leg and ankle are healing nicely and it's time to move on to the next step - physical therapy! I only have to go once (tomorrow) and learn the exercises and if I don't have any problems doing them on my own, I will be good to go!

Exercises don't bother me at all, especially if I know the final outcome of them so I will faithfully do the exercises so this leg will completely mend the way it's supposed to.

It was weird walking today without the aircast on - I have to walk slowly (which is a real trial for me!) in order to walk correctly. If I try to walk faster, I find myself limping a little bit and that's NOT what I want! But I got along just fine walking around the office. After work I went to Walmart and once again, it took me a long time to get around the store - but I did just fine. Now that I'm home, my leg is telling me it's time to hit the couch for the evening so I'm celebrating (all by myself as Glenn is working late) with a Bertolli shrimp linguine meal which I'll eat while I watch Ratatouille! Life is GOOD!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Congrats! Glad you finally got it off. I am sure you will feel much better now. Take it easy though.